Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US through BRU connecting to SN

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
US through BRU connecting to SN

I am looking to book on the US site a ticket PHL-BRU-MXP .

The BRU-MXP segment has a 5xxx number and is on Brussels (SN) ... not sure if this is codeshare, or whatever.

Now the questions:
  1. Only 1h10m in BRU for connection. Assume that means that one does immigration at destination?
  2. Only 1h10m in BRU for connection. If late or whatever, who is responsible for re-booking me on to destination?
  3. On US TATL, as preferred I have no trouble boarding early with shoulder (computer) bag and soft bag w/ clothes. I.e., there is overhead space, I don't use much, containers are flexible, and, in worst of cases, one can go under seat. But what should I be expecting with SN (it shows an Avro RJ100, which looks to be the size of, say, an E175 or an E190)? Will they require me to check one of my two carry-ons? If so, can I do that in BRU (in which case, as *A Gold, will I get dinged for bag fee or not?); or should I anticipate and check something all the way through? Preference would be to keep both with me, but want to be prepared ...
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
I think you will go through passport control in BRU. Then you will have to go from Concourse B to Concourse A.

All fights from non- Schengen* countries arrive at Concourse B

* Canada • China • India • Ireland • Israel • Russia • United Arab Emirates • United Kingdom • United States of America • African countries & rest of the world

All fights from Schengen countries* depart from Concourse A

Austria • Belgium • Czech Republic • Denmark • Estonia • Finland • France • Germany • Greece • Hungary • Iceland • Italy • Latvia • Lithuania • Luxembourg • Malta • Netherlands • Norway • Poland • Portugal • Slovakia • Slovenia • Spain • Sweden & Switzerland.

From Concourse B follow the signs « Transfer A » and go through passport control
Keep right from the glass wall and follow the signs « Transfer A »
Take the escalator or elevator to level –1
Walk through the tunnel
Pass security control
Take the elevator or escalator to level 1
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I would not check bags. You should make your connect in BRU if you are on time - it's an easy airport to navigate (as long as you don't stop for chocolates!).

If you misconnect, SN is a Star carrier and you'll be on the same PNR so they'd re-book you.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: US CP; SPG P; Hyatt P; HH S
You should be good with bags - the last time I was on that model Avro was on KF, and overhead space was comparable to the right side of an E90 (my 20" roller went in wheels first). It also seems to me that there are many fewer carry on bags on European flights, but that's purely anecdotal.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by RMINIONE
I think you will go through passport control in BRU. Then you will have to go from Concourse B to Concourse A.
Originally Posted by geo1005
I would not check bags. You should make your connect in BRU if you are on time - it's an easy airport to navigate (as long as you don't stop for chocolates!).

If you misconnect, SN is a Star carrier and you'll be on the same PNR so they'd re-book you.
Originally Posted by smcbride11
You should be good with bags - the last time I was on that model Avro was on KF, and overhead space was comparable to the right side of an E90 (my 20" roller went in wheels first). It also seems to me that there are many fewer carry on bags on European flights, but that's purely anecdotal.
Thanks, all ... and especially for the good news re bags. I know that SN is not a bag-predatory low-cost European carrier like easyJet or Ryanair; but I was concerned it might be a super-fussy weigh-and-measure carrier like LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.