Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Tickets in March to Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:51 pm

The weekend of March 9 is the NASCAR weekend at the track there. Flights from here in CLT were also high.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
Flights ex LAS are always expensive on Sunday. LAS-SAN on WN that day is $206 one way for a flight at a decent time. $500 is acutally a pretty good fare; I'm a little surprised it's even that low.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by stefg1007
I agree that usually one can get better deals on their own. Every once in a while im surprised; Last year i was able to get PHL-LAS and 3 nights at Paris for less then the cost of the PHL-LAS flight on its own.
I agree ... got 2 nights at Aria on PHL-LAS in December at airfares and hotel rates that I could not begin to piece together ... but going forward I have had no luck coming close to replicating.

Originally Posted by apeortdz
Thanks - good to know and Paris is one of my favourite hotels. I seem to remember that there is something weird about the ticketing though. Do they not actually ticket the flight until nearer the flight date or something? I seem to remember that I thought I might have trouble getting an upgrade on the USV-purchased flights.
They do give you a confirmation number so you can get in and, IIRC, move seats and whatnot. But the flight does not show up on your on-line profile until the week or so before. Upgrades work as per normal, whatever "normal" is ... (e.g., got FC on way out but not way back but may have screwed self in leaving companion as Silver status).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.