Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

2012 Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by thaidai
Searched ,found then booked in YYZ-acJ,ZRH-lxF,CDG-tgF-HKTtgJRtn 10days later when I went to print ticket LX Flights missing. So I called US air. Was told looks like schedule change. LX F no longer avl.
Well, LX does not offer F-cl between ZRH and CDG and you're missing a connection airport between CDG and HKT... Don't know what you had booked...
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:06 pm

This thread should be locked and the old thread should continue on in perpetuity.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Well, LX does not offer F-cl between ZRH and CDG and you're missing a connection airport between CDG and HKT... Don't know what you had booked...
Booked. Yyz yul ZrhZrh CDG bkk HKT AC j LX f LX j TG f TG j. All were avl quoted taxes confirmed avl. Told booked 10days later no funds taken from cc and LX flts missing from itin. Called in n told oh maybe Lx changed ,now no seats avl. So we can re fund mls at no charge Guess first agent was over ruled on giving out 2 x F seats on LX
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by thaidai
Booked. Yyz yul ZrhZrh CDG bkk HKT AC j LX f LX j TG f TG j. All were avl quoted taxes confirmed avl. Told booked 10days later no funds taken from cc and LX flts missing from itin. Called in n told oh maybe Lx changed ,now no seats avl. So we can re fund mls at no charge Guess first agent was over ruled on giving out 2 x F seats on LX
the agent cannot be 'overruled' for giving out the seats... if the seats were available then they are free to be given out on a first come first served basis amongst star alliance programs (note... there may be additional availability for members of the Swiss/LH program).

something may have come up since the time you made the reservation... I'm not sure which sector Swiss is no longer showing first class?

the itinerary you give is missing some segments. which exact day and sector is the Swiss flight no longer available in first class? on some days for example there is no direct Swiss flight from YUL to ZRH and it operates as a connection via GVA using air Canada... that air Canada flight is only available in business class.

or are you talking about the flight to Bangkok? but you say that is via CDG... and Swiss don't fly first out of CDG.

so it might be the day you are flying.

unfortunately, while it would have been ideal for US to advise you that the Swiss flight is no linger available, if for some reason it is not, then US cannot simply create that availability... the only thing they can really do is re-route you, or offer a refund.

anyways... if you give us the day of the week (date even better) then we can see what happened to your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.