Wiki Posts
Search

PP Status Extended to Feb 28, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Dividend Miles Platinum
PP Status Extended to Feb 28, 2013

I depend on segments for status and had a total of 89 segments flown last year. I had booked award travel as last BIS flying last year and, as has been discussed in these forums, award travel does not count for miles or segments.
I wanted to check this morning to see how much it would cost me to maintain my status and was pleasantly surprised to see that my status is extended through 2/28/2013 and will not need to buy that single segment.

This is the link I used
https://www.usairwayspreferred.com/u...nticate.action

and here are my results
Preferred status expires February 28, 2013
This year's Preferred qualifying miles 0 miles and 0 segments
Last year's Preferred qualifying miles xx,xxx miles and 89 segments

Has anyone seen this and should I use this as fact that I will maintain PP through 2013??
Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
So your PQM was below 75,000?

If so, it looks like they've called your 89 segs close enough to 90!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: US Chairman
Not sure it is related, but I hit platinum for this year (was gold last two years, previously chairman's) via 91 segments (primarily BOS-PHL flights). I flew to Philly yesterday and my boarding pass says Platinum. This morning, I went to check on something for a UA flight to ORD and it has me as Chairman's not platinum

I've been bumped to Chairman's previously from Platinum, but it was back when BOS-PHL flights were $1100 but am (pleasantly) surprised this morning
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
Using this link I am dropping down to PP this year. Which considering I barely made Platinum with 75,200 miles this year and 65 segments I can't complain. No way in hell I'm dropping $920 for a buy-up though.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:11 am
Suspended

Here's a question. I'm CP and made high gold this year. When I do this I only get an option for CP to extend. (It says my status expires Feb 2012). Since it only offers me CP, and there would be cheaper options to buy up to PP, does it seem likely that I've been bumped to PP?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by geo1005
So your PQM was below 75,000?

If so, it looks like they've called your 89 segs close enough to 90!
Yes, was ~ 59K
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by masonuc
Here's a question. I'm CP and made high gold this year. When I do this I only get an option for CP to extend. (It says my status expires Feb 2012). Since it only offers me CP, and there would be cheaper options to buy up to PP, does it seem likely that I've been bumped to PP?
On the upper portion of the page it tells you what your status is and when it will expire. My wife also travels quite a bit and see she only has 86 segments for last year and it says her PP will expire on 2/28/2012 and gives an option to buy up to PP through 2/28/2013 for ~ 350.00 so USAir must have a cut off somewhere....
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CLTFlyer365
On the upper portion of the page it tells you what your status is and when it will expire. My wife also travels quite a bit and see she only has 86 segments for last year and it says her PP will expire on 2/28/2012 and gives an option to buy up to PP through 2/28/2013 for ~ 350.00 so USAir must have a cut off somewhere....
Yes it tells me CP status will expire in Feb 2012 but it doesn't say what I've qualified for in 2012-13. At a minimum I'm gold. I just did this for family members and it gave me all options to buy up above their 2012-13 status (e.g., SP/GP/PP/CP). So I'm cautiously optomistic that I've been bumped up to PP. Not a surprise as I have good revenue and have been CP for several years. And I wasn't that far from PP in miles.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris4096
Using this link I am dropping down to PP this year. Which considering I barely made Platinum with 75,200 miles this year and 65 segments I can't complain. No way in hell I'm dropping $920 for a buy-up though.
I also get an option to buy up to CP for ~ $1,395.00
That is a lot of money....! Hard to quantify that cost for CP, especially to my wife.... she'd kill me
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
I think it will give you the lower upgrade options (like to PP) once your CP status expires at the end of Feb. It would be the best to wait until 3/1 and see what status you end up with before doing any buy up. Maybe they extended your PP status for another year!

I am PP (through my Cent card) and have usually bought up to CP because it is worth it for the amount of travel I do. In past years I haven't been able to do the buy up until March 1 because it would try and charge me over $2,500. I just checked the link this morning and processed my buy up for the $899 and will have my CP status until Feb, 2013.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris4096
I also used the link. Came up short of CP 94,118 and 80 segments. From the link I did not get comp'ed to CP. To early to do anything in my opinion. I also have a club membership that needs to get renewed. In previous years I have seen discount offers as it nears the end of Feb. I'll wait and see what happens. Looks like a heavy travel year so if no offer presents itself, I'll buy up for the $579.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
You cannot buy-up to a status that is below your currect status until after 29Feb2012. In other words, if you are CP and only qualified for GP this time, you cannot buy up for anything except CP now ... or you can buy up to PP or CP after 29Feb2012.

Last edited by apeortdz; Jan 5, 2012 at 9:52 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by apeortdz
You cannot buy-up to a status that is below your currect status until after 29Feb2012. In other words, if you are CP and only qualified for GP this time, you cannot buy up for anything expect CP now ... or you can buy up to PP or CP after 29Feb2012.
Ah, got it. Well that sucks. My plan is probably to buy up in summer/fall 2012 anyway since it will only be a few months without CP status and I'll probably fall in the 60-80k range in 2012 anyway. It will cost a bit more (because based on 2012 miles) but be good until Feb 2013.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Ah, got it. Well that sucks. My plan is probably to buy up in summer/fall 2012 anyway since it will only be a few months without CP status and I'll probably fall in the 60-80k range in 2012 anyway. It will cost a bit more (because based on 2012 miles) but be good until Feb 2013.
Will you have flown significantly by summer? Buying up is only based on prior year mileage through June 30.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Honors Gold, National Executive Elite
I ended the year with 74116 EQM (59 segments). They seemed to have comped me Platinum. Good thing I didn't do that MR. (FWIW, I was P last year.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.