Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Club Sale, 3k EQM, no initiation fee. Targeted?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
But the agents (2 of them in agreement) said that US Airways club members need to have a designation that they bought the United "add on". I know that was a feature a few years ago, but I don't recall seeing that as an option when I purchased. ...<sigh>
You are correct. The "add on" is a thing of the past.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by PHL
...So, even with a card...who knows if they would have given me access...<sigh>
As you note, with only a receipt, it's a YMMV situation since the rules do say the actual card should be presented along with ID (some ask for BP instead).

My present card shows, on the back at the bottom, "UNITED Red Carpet Club" and "CONTINENTAL Presidents Club". The new card you'd be receiving would probably show the new "UNITED Club" on the back instead. Also displayed on the back is the US Club Services # 800-828-8522

There's really no valid reason to refuse entry into a UA Club with the presentation of US Club card and ID/BP. In my case, I've used it since Oct 1 to enter the UA Clubs in ORD, SFO, IAH, SEA, BOS without a problem; only at IAD was there a hiccup. If IAD Club had not finally let me in, I would have stepped outside and called the US Club Services # for guidance.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Hotels, Marriott
Another data point

I am DM squat. As far as I can tell, I didn't get the promo email but I wasn't signed for one of the 4 mailers so I added that today. When I called, I was told that I didn't qualify for that offer.

Will try another agent tomorrow as I am resistant to paying the higher amount on the page and hoping that the coupon code kicks in and gives me the lower price.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Slightly off-topic but has any EXISTNG club member received a PQM incentive of more than 500 miles to RENEW? Last year I got an email offering 3000 PQMs to resign a couple months before renewal time. Didn't need them last year but could use them now.

Last edited by PittDoc; Nov 18, 2011 at 6:02 am
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Previously someone pointed out to me that as a *G I wouldn't need to join USAIR Club to get access. I did not think that was the case, yes I get lounge access when traveling internationally on a *G carrier. But I am referring to domestic travel on USAIR, for this I have always believed I needed to be a member of the club. Unless things have changed I am going to take advantage of this offer today, by phone (so I can ask).
Old Nov 18, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by swanscn
Previously someone pointed out to me that as a *G I wouldn't need to join USAIR Club to get access. I did not think that was the case, yes I get lounge access when traveling internationally on a *G carrier. But I am referring to domestic travel on USAIR, for this I have always believed I needed to be a member of the club. Unless things have changed I am going to take advantage of this offer today, by phone (so I can ask).
As long as your *G status is with an airline other than US or UA/CO you are allowed access to any *G lounge when traveling domestically. Your profile says you are *G with SQ so you can access the US Club or UA/CO Club with your *G card and a BP. There is no need for you to join the US Club unless your status will change in 2012 and you want access.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Just got off the phone with a very helpful CC agent. I applied this morning for this offer online and hadn't noted the authorization on my CC yet. Called to make sure everything went through. CC agent commented that they've had a very good response rate to this offer and they just hadn't processed my request yet.

She went the extra mile and processed it there on the spot for me and sure enough, everything posted ( credit card as well as DM account!!)

Bravo!!

ps.

Good thing I didn't apply lasdt month like I was tempted to do. Was "content" to have the 500 mile offer if I had applied back then.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:58 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Another data point...coming back through IAH. Popped into the UA club (concourse E) with my US club receipt. The agent wasted no time punching my number into the system and admitting me access. So, if you read my post a few numbers back, it's obvious YMMV.

Side note - Thanks IAH club. Very polite, courteous, top notch agents. The overall demeanor of my prior encounter with the EWR agents wasn't as warm and friendly.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: USAirways Dividend Miles
Confirmed it doesnt work for renewals

Wasnt sure if anyone still had a question on using the promo for a renewal but I was just denied the promo via email.
Im a CP who's been a club member on an off for 10 yrs now and my current membership just expired 11/10. I went in on-line over the weekend and applied as a "new membership" but obviously they caught me since i had to put dowm my DM#. Received a short but courteous email Monday saying i wasnt eligible for the promo since i was essentially a renewal but they would give me the standard CP discount and 500 PQM's. I told them to advise the marketing department to stuff it especially since they killed the PHL Envoy lounge. Great way to incent non-loyal members but provide little value to the customers who keep the planes in the air. I have made CP again and only have 2 flights left this year both TA's to UK in Envoy so i dont need the club. Maybe they'll do something in the next 60 days that makes me rethink my decision.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Wow... Agent was correct in predicting that I'd get my club membership card in 2 weeks. Got it today and today is the 2 week point when I applied.

Scotch tape on card now! LOL
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Just pulled the trigger on a renewal (expires 12/31/11) with the 500 PQM bonus. Wish I could get more miles, but oh well. Doubt we'll get anything bigger before mine expires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.