Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Club Sale, 3k EQM, no initiation fee. Targeted?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
just wondering

I am wondering what others think.

I like this offer and I am seriously considering it. But, I am comparing it to priority pass. I would get the highest level pass so it would be more expensive than the US offer, and I do not like the $27 fee for guest.

Therefore in some cases I would get additional clubs to access with Priority Pass, but I am not certain that this matters much to me. Unless of course I am incorrect in my thinking that I can use the United/ CO clubs with the USAIR Club membership.

I would like to know what others are thinking? I have searched priority pass but most of the latest is the complaints about those who have it via a credit card and the changes.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by swanscn
I am wondering what others think. ...
I'm confused ... don't you (with SQ *G status noted in your profile) already get domestic UA/CO/US Club access as well as *G international lounge access when flying on a *A carrier?

In the UA forum is a thread about Amex buying US club memberships for its Plat members re UA/CO Club access - haven't read it all, but my first thought is that US Club membership seems to offer a good bang for the buck.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
Thanks, you are probably correct. I just thought it was when I was flying SQ that I could use the US clubs, not that I could use them anytime because I am *G. Guess that will teach me to pay attention to the benefits closer.
That why I post here to learn things and sometimes help.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I got it, but I have a UA RCC membership. So I'm covered on US.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:22 pm

What I did not realize was that as *G (via SQ) that gave me access to USAIR clubs when traveling USAIR in the US. I never worried about it during my intenational travels on SQ becasue I alwasy had lounge access.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:17 pm

Programs: US Chairman; Hilton Silver; Hertz Gold; Starwood Platinum; Marriott Silver
Angry

Yes I called and tried to use the code to renew my club membership but they said it was ONLY for "new" members. Booo!!! All they offered me as a CP was $325 and a few Preferred miles. They must not want "old" members to renew!!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:42 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I'm thinking of getting this for the EQM's and access to the United Clubs (formerly the joint combination of UA RCC and CO PC). I don't, however, see that US Airways Club members are included in the allowed access.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...ge/access.aspx

While US Airways' web site does say this is permissible...
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...mberships.html

It would give me better piece of mind I guess if I saw it in writing on CO or UA's own web site policies that US Club members are given access. Has anyone had any problems accessing a CO President's Club or UA RCC after 10/1, when the new "United Club" took over?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Does anyone know if this offer will stack with the $75 off offer that comes with the US Airways Dividend Miles Platinum Mastercard?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:09 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allensun
Does anyone know if this offer will stack with the $75 off offer that comes with the US Airways Dividend Miles Platinum Mastercard?
This is purely designed to lure people in for the EQM's. If you don't need em, then the $75 discount seems like the better deal....
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by PHL
This is purely designed to lure people in for the EQM's. If you don't need em, then the $75 discount seems like the better deal....
I was hoping you could apply both discounts to the purchase of 1 membership .
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by PHL
...It would give me better piece of mind I guess if I saw it in writing on CO or UA's own web site policies that US Club members are given access. ...
Best I could find on UA's website for UA Club membership is (emphasis mine)
Reciprocal club privileges provide access worldwide to the following lounges:
• All US Airways Club locations
• All Star Alliance® member-operated lounges worldwide. United Club members may access Star Alliance member-operated airline lounges with up to one guest when departing on a same-day flight on any Star Alliance carrier
So, UA says its Club members can access US Clubs, and US says its members can access UA Clubs ... reciprocity works both ways indeed
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
I was hoping you could apply both discounts to the purchase of 1 membership .
Anybody has tried that???
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Just enrolled -- as a CP (with a lapsed membership) it was $300, no fee, plus 3k PQMs. "New member" seems to mean "expired more than 6 months ago."
Old Nov 17, 2011, 2:55 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

I just called and was told no. It's an either or situation. Too bad though.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 3:03 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kudzu
Best I could find on UA's website for UA Club membership is (emphasis mine)

So, UA says its Club members can access US Clubs, and US says its members can access UA Clubs ... reciprocity works both ways indeed
Well, I printed my receipt showing date, membership and number and gave it a shot at the United Club at EWR, adjacent gate C74. I wasn't confident it would work absent an actual card, and it didn't. But the agents (2 of them in agreement) said that US Airways club members need to have a designation that they bought the United "add on". I know that was a feature a few years ago, but I don't recall seeing that as an option when I purchased. I advised that both UA and US offer reciprocal access to each others' clubs for their members and their response was "well, nobody has told us that yet".

So, even with a card...who knows if they would have given me access...<sigh>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.