Wiki Posts
Search

Status of A333 Envoy Suites rollout?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:30 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Thanks for the update USFAN. These planes will essentially be "like new" when they come out with a complete airframe overhaul, replacement of some components and a brand new interior.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
The Envoy cabin seat chart inside the 24-hour window is not necessarily accurate.

At on-line check-in for yesterday's 719 from FCO to PHL, the seat chart showed the new cabin, and we had to choose one new seat, having had 1G and !H, with g being eliminated in the New cabin. However, when we got on board, we were in the old cabin and had to re-shuffle again. It all worked out, though.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver;Hertz Gold 5*;National Exec Elite;BA Bronze;AA-PLT
FWIW, the 333 used for US705 FRA-CLT today was the new config. Did not catch the reg number, but did enjoy 7H quite a bit ^. Was originally in 1G, so when I checked in at NCE and saw the seat shift I was hopeful. Had one of the 332s PHL-MUC two weeks ago on the outbound, so a nice experience

I noticed that the 333 has no overhead storage for 1A/H - a slight drawback for those seats. Is that true on the 332 as well?

Last edited by rockfan; Dec 18, 2011 at 1:52 pm Reason: s/PHX/PHL/
Old Dec 15, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by rockfan
I noticed that the 333 has no overhead storage for 1A/H - a slight drawback for those seats. Is that true on the 332 as well?
No, 1H on the 332 has overhead space -- plenty.

There's another thread here where someone complains that no one says anything nice about US. But if we acknowledged how nice the suites are on the 332s (and now the 333s ?) they would soon be pricing upgrades way outside my capacity to pay.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Is it me or does it seem like they're putting the reconfiged 333s on longer routes (PHL-FCO, CLT-FRA, etc.)?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by rockfan
Had one of the 332s PHX-MUC two weeks ago on the outbound, so a nice experience
Lucky bugger! Everyone else has to take a A320 from PHX to PHL and connect to MUC from there.

Old Dec 18, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver;Hertz Gold 5*;National Exec Elite;BA Bronze;AA-PLT
Originally Posted by geo1005
Lucky bugger! Everyone else has to take a A320 from PHX to PHL and connect to MUC from there.

Ya got me, fixed it...but I had a 321 PHX-PHL...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by ITRADE
Is it me or does it seem like they're putting the reconfiged 333s on longer routes (PHL-FCO, CLT-FRA, etc.)?
I just booked trip in mid-January with PHL-FRA and FCO-PHL segments.... both are 333-300's and have the old layout with seats. I've got 1st row at least.... but would love to see the new config.

Will let everyone know if it changes.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:56 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ronniefastback
I just booked trip in mid-January with PHL-FRA and FCO-PHL segments.... both are 333-300's and have the old layout with seats. I've got 1st row at least.... but would love to see the new config.

Will let everyone know if it changes.
The last post on page 4 of this thread indicates we may see 2 back in service by the end of this month (December), making 3 total flying out of 9. I doubt any more would be done by mid January, however, so your odds might be 33%. But a seat in row 1 of the old config is quite nice, nonetheless.

Last edited by PHL; Dec 22, 2011 at 4:20 pm
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by PHL
The last post on page 2 of this thread indicates we may see 2 back in service by the end of this month (December), making 3 total flying out of 9. I doubt any more would be done by mid January, however, so your odds might be 33%. But a seat in row 1 of the old config is quite nice, nonetheless.
Yeah, and people know it too.... I got the last seat in the first row and I think there were only 2-3 other seats taken in the front
Old Dec 31, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by michael2500
Does anyone have any updates? I'll be flying envoy from phl-fco on December 25th. What are the chances of getting the new envoy suite?
Did you end up with the new Envoy 1/2/1 config?

flight in April with new Envoy config PHL-FCO in the seat map. Hoping like most folks that this sticks because I'd prefer the new Enjoy flat bed suites in the A330-300.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 6:01 pm

No, got the old envoy, but did reserve row 1 which was Us Airways old First Class. Not bad, service was, "Useless," and certain features of the seat were quite dated. Kosher meal on the plane was absolutely inedible; the "ribeye" looked like something raw from the butcher shop.
Originally Posted by valor155
Did you end up with the new Envoy 1/2/1 config?

flight in April with new Envoy config PHL-FCO in the seat map. Hoping like most folks that this sticks because I'd prefer the new Enjoy flat bed suites in the A330-300.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by michael2500
No, got the old envoy, but did reserve row 1 which was Us Airways old First Class. Not bad, service was, "Useless," and certain features of the seat were quite dated. Kosher meal on the plane was absolutely inedible; the "ribeye" looked like something raw from the butcher shop.
Thanks for the update. I know that Row 1 is the one to reserve in case you don't get the flat beds.

Still only 1 of 9 a330-300s done. I have a 4 months before my maiden Envoy flight to FCO, so there is some times. Hope US Airways rolls up their sleeves.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 1:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by valor155
Still only 1 of 9 a330-300s done.
I haven't been more confused in ages. How many 330-300s are in new configuration?
On the previous page people were saying 2, 3 and 4. Now you are saying that only 1 is in new config.
So what is the correct answer?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 4:45 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1 done. 2 have been in for major inspections plus interior refurb. They were due to be back in service this past week though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.