Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fly, stay & drive. Earn a 3,000 mile bonus.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Take a trip. Rent a car. Stay at a hotel. And earn bonus miles!

Just fly with US, stay with our hotel partners and drive with our car partners between June 1 and July 31, 2011.* You'll automatically earn a 3,000 mile bonus. Don't forget to include your Dividend Miles number when you book and check in.

Eligibility

Offer void where prohibited by law. Only miles earned between June 1 and July 31, 2011 are eligible ('Eligible Activity Date'). Bonus miles do not count towards Preferred status. You must be a Dividend Miles member to participate.
Earning bonus miles

Only Dividend Miles hotel partners are included in this promotion and a minimum of 100 Dividend Miles must be earned per stay in order to qualify for this bonus ('Qualifying Hotel Stay'). Hotel points to miles conversion will not count as a Qualifying Hotel Stay. Only Dividend Miles rental car partners are included in this promotion ('Qualifying Car Rental'). Only paid US Airways operated flights are included in this promotion ('Qualifying Flights'). Flights taken using award tickets do not count as Qualifying Flights. Dividend Miles members will earn 3,000 bonus miles when they complete one Qualifying Flight, one Qualifying Hotel Stay and one Qualifying Car Rental. In order to earn bonus miles you must request Dividend Miles from each flight, hotel and rental car partner when you make your reservation or check in. Bonus miles will post weekly beginning on June 2, 2011 and continue posting weekly until February 2, 2012.
Eligible Activity Date

Eligible Activity Date is based on the date the Qualifying Partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred. US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates. The last date that activity from a qualifying partner can be received by US Airways for bonus miles consideration is February 2, 2012.
General terms

All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. For details go to usairways.com/dividendmiles. All Dividend Miles partner terms and conditions apply. Partner offers are subject to change without notice. All Qualifying Partner terms and conditions apply.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Just got this in my email as well....

...soooooo, how many times can I earn this 3000 mile bonus? It doesnt seem to say? or am I missing something?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 6:42 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Just got this in my email as well....

...soooooo, how many times can I earn this 3000 mile bonus? It doesnt seem to say? or am I missing something?
Since they say "Earn a 3000 mile bonus," I expect it's a one-time thing, though you're right that it's terribly very clear.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
It also doesn't really make it clear if there's a time element, for example can I rent a car this week and take a flight next week? Given how much $$ it costs to hit all 3 things and the relatively low payout, I don't think I will go too far out of my way to take advantage of this, unless I'm missing something big about how it works. However, for the trips I already have in the works where a rental car is involved, we'll make sure the car and the hotel are both in my name, or both in my boyfriend's; usually I get one and he gets the other.

I hope this isn't Grand Slam Lite for 2011....
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by dcpatti
It also doesn't really make it clear if there's a time element, for example can I rent a car this week and take a flight next week? Given how much $$ it costs to hit all 3 things and the relatively low payout, I don't think I will go too far out of my way to take advantage of this, unless I'm missing something big about how it works. However, for the trips I already have in the works where a rental car is involved, we'll make sure the car and the hotel are both in my name, or both in my boyfriend's; usually I get one and he gets the other.

I hope this isn't Grand Slam Lite for 2011....
My guess is that you'd get the 3k if you have all three within the month, since US doesn't really have any control over when their partners record transaction date. But who knows.

One thing to note is the requirement that the hotel stay must generate at least 100 miles. I have a marriott stay coming up in a couple of days on a reward. I'm already flying US and it will be easy enough to change my rental car earning preference. I think $50 in incidentals should get it done.

Remember to change your hotel earning preference if you're going to go for this.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:09 pm

I have a flight already booked this weekend, with a hotel stay and car rental planned with partner companies.

It says I don't have to register, so I will try to follow up once this posts. I'll be interested to see if I am still able to get my 3,000 miles for the Avis rental (total 6,000?).
Old Jun 2, 2011, 3:15 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by BigErn
I have a flight already booked this weekend, with a hotel stay and car rental planned with partner companies.

It says I don't have to register, so I will try to follow up once this posts. I'll be interested to see if I am still able to get my 3,000 miles for the Avis rental (total 6,000?).
They will post separately, so you will receive both bonuses
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL GOLD
Round trip or one way

Do both count?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Has anyone seen their 3000 miles post yet?

I have several hilton hotel miles post, and several avis post, within the dates of the T&C, yet, I have not yet see a 3000 bonus from US.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Has anyone seen their 3000 miles post yet?

I have several hilton hotel miles post, and several avis post, within the dates of the T&C, yet, I have not yet see a 3000 bonus from US.
Yes. Got my bonus on 6/23. Stay was in early June. Flight and car posted relatively quickly. Hotel posted 6/16, so it was one week after the last qualifying activity posted.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:41 am

I also received my bonus on 6/23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.