FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fly, stay & drive. Earn a 3,000 mile bonus.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:24 am
lkar

Originally Posted by dcpatti
It also doesn't really make it clear if there's a time element, for example can I rent a car this week and take a flight next week? Given how much $$ it costs to hit all 3 things and the relatively low payout, I don't think I will go too far out of my way to take advantage of this, unless I'm missing something big about how it works. However, for the trips I already have in the works where a rental car is involved, we'll make sure the car and the hotel are both in my name, or both in my boyfriend's; usually I get one and he gets the other.

I hope this isn't Grand Slam Lite for 2011....
My guess is that you'd get the 3k if you have all three within the month, since US doesn't really have any control over when their partners record transaction date. But who knows.

One thing to note is the requirement that the hotel stay must generate at least 100 miles. I have a marriott stay coming up in a couple of days on a reward. I'm already flying US and it will be easy enough to change my rental car earning preference. I think $50 in incidentals should get it done.

Remember to change your hotel earning preference if you're going to go for this.