Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage for Involuntary Reroute on Other Airline?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Mileage for Involuntary Reroute on Other Airline?

I was booked on a US Airways flight that got delayed, so US Airways booked me on an AA flight instead.

Can I claim the miles for my Star Alliance account instead? How do I go about doing that?

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Gold 1MM, BA Blue again :-(, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Seattle1
I was booked on a US Airways flight that got delayed, so US Airways booked me on an AA flight instead.

Can I claim the miles for my Star Alliance account instead? How do I go about doing that?

Thanks!
You would be better posting this in the star alliance or us airways forum (and using a much better title than a catch all "mileage" since probably 50% of posts here are about mileage).
Old May 6, 2011, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob

Thanks!
See, e.g., this thread among others in the US Air forum (in particular look at post 9):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...-us-miles.html
Old May 7, 2011, 2:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC

Thanks!
you ask us for "original routing credit" for your flight[s] by contacting the us ff program customer service....

good luck....

ps....you should be able to get credit for the aa flight, if you didn't add your aa #...

Last edited by clacko; May 7, 2011 at 2:49 am
Old May 7, 2011, 7:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Moving to the appropriate Forum... /Moderator
Old May 7, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
Per http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...mberguide.html

Irregular non-award travel

If your US Airways flight is cancelled:
If you are rescheduled on US Airways or a partner carrier, you will receive miles for the new itinerary flown. If you are rescheduled on a non-partner carrier, you will receive credit for your originally scheduled flight(s) but you must contact the Dividend Miles Service Center for processing. If you elected not to travel, you will not receive credit.

If any partner carrier's flight is cancelled:
If you are rescheduled on US Airways or a partner carrier, you will receive credit for the itinerary flown but you must contact the partner airline for mileage credit. If you are rescheduled on a non-partner carrier, you will not receive credit. If you elect not to travel, you will not receive credit.
But in your OP, you said *A ff#, not US...which may run into an issue.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Per http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...mberguide.html

But in your OP, you said *A ff#, not US...which may run into an issue.
That covers you if the US flight is cancelled. But do they owe you credit if the flight is delayed so long that the only way they could get you to your destination that same day is to put you on another carrier? My 4:15PM flight was delayed over two hours and I would have missed connecting to the day's last flights into Tampa. They instead put me on DL and I got home. Not a bad ending but now I find myself two segments shy of requalifying.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: None
The OP didn't mention an AA ff#, someone else did. But the OP should be able to get original routing miles from US and AA miles if he has a ff account with them. Just don't change the ff# with US but rather ask the AA agent to put in your AA#. AA won't know anything about you getting original routing credit from US. As someone else said, the OP can probably get AA miles for the AA flight(s) retroactively but don't let too much time pass - AA's rules would pertain.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.