Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Converting United Miles to US Airways Miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Converting United Miles to US Airways Miles

Does anyone know if there is a way to transfer United MileagePlus Miles into US Airways Dividend Miles? If there is a way, is there any cost involved?

Thanks!
-Matt
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
No and even if there was one, you would take a bath on the exchange. Since UA miles can be redeemed on almost the exact same carriers as US miles, though, there is no need to do this.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
It has been a while since I've checked, but points.com used to do exchanges. You really get an extremely poor rate though.

There used to be some backdoor ways, converting to hotels/Amtrak, etc, but as far as I know they have all been closed.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
post about 100 more times on the site and then you can access another part of the forum where you could trade miles with other members.. you could book someones award ticket while they could book yours

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.