Wiki Posts
Search

A330-300 Row 2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
A330-300 Row 2

Upcoming Europe trip...getting geared up.

We're currently in Row 4, but I have noticed on many "day of" seat maps that Row 2 is often available. Both Seatguru and Seatexpert have negative comments on this row.

Any other assessments of this row - especially the window/aisle combos?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ITRADE
Upcoming Europe trip...getting geared up.

We're currently in Row 4, but I have noticed on many "day of" seat maps that Row 2 is often available. Both Seatguru and Seatexpert have negative comments on this row.

Any other assessments of this row - especially the window/aisle combos?
I believe that Row 2 has about 5" less legroom than the rest of the rows in the cabin. I was seated there once and the difference is certainly noticeable. Thankfully, it was a daytime flight (westbound) so sleep was not a priority.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
100% agreed, if you are tall and are more or less laying flat, in row 2 your feet will end up in the magazine holder. If row 4 is the last row in that cabin though (can't remember if that is 4 rows or 5) beware that you may be moved into Row 2 anyway, to make room for crew rest seats
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
At 6'4" I despise row 2.

HTSC
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by dcpatti
100% agreed, if you are tall and are more or less laying flat, in row 2 your feet will end up in the magazine holder. If row 4 is the last row in that cabin though (can't remember if that is 4 rows or 5) beware that you may be moved into Row 2 anyway, to make room for crew rest seats
I think row 5 is the last row, as there are 4 rows of old style Envoy plus 1 of Envoy Sleeper.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I think row 5 is the last row, as there are 4 rows of old style Envoy plus 1 of Envoy Sleeper.
Row 5 is the last row and it is one of the center seats that gets reserved for "crew rest".

As for row 2, I've flown it a few times and actually don't mind it if flying west from Europe (I'm less interested in sleeping in that direction). I'm not a fan of any seat leaning back towards me so I tend to gravitate to bulkhead seats on most flights.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Refuse row 2 if you can. It is quite cramped. Side tip - if you are on a J or Z ticket (and not upgraded from coach) be sure to ask if row 1 is available. They hold these back for sale but if they are not purchased then I am often able to get moved to row 1 on a Z fare. Of course YMMV....
Old Feb 3, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by geo1005
Row 5 is the last row and it is one of the center seats that gets reserved for "crew rest".
If the cabin isn't full, the crew may for whatever reason "rearrange" the crew rest over to the 5G/H side. If you're booked into those seats, you could end up in Row 2. I've been the one moved once, and seen them move another passenger once, so while I doubt there's an official policy allowing them to do this, I can't say it's just the one bad crew. Two bad crews maybe... considering that I've flown Envoy on that particular plane about 8 or 10 times total, I think that's a high enough percentage of crew rest "spread" to warrant a head's up.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Dia, MR G
The wife and I have 2C and 2F on PHL-FRA (and back) on the A330-300. Is this another that I want to trade if I can?
Old Feb 3, 2011, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I'm a happy guy whenever I have an advance Envoy seat assigned. That said, if row 1 is a no go, row 3 is nice - choose what you like: window, aisle, center seats?
Old Feb 4, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
Originally Posted by geo1005
I'm a happy guy whenever I have an advance Envoy seat assigned. That said, if row 1 is a no go, row 3 is nice - choose what you like: window, aisle, center seats?
I agree, i took row 3 today. Row 2 is definitely tighter but ok if you like to put your feet against the wall when lounging.

The crew were using 1A and B as rest seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.