Wiki Posts
Search

Amazed with US customer service ...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Amazed with US customer service ...

So as part of buying miles + Grand Slam, I recently went to redeem a *A award to France in F, and I was loathing having to call US; I had made sure to find all the flights in advice in ANA and such, and then deal with usual headaches.

Consider much to my surprise as a GM that I got two reps (one when I put the iterinary on hold, and another when I redeemed it) that were extremely pleasent, great to work with, apologized for the disaster that is Sabre (the rep was dealing with their system being extremely slow, and I said Sabre simply isn't that great), had everything go exactly as planned, and well, an entirely excellent customer experience; better than what I've gotten with Delta as FO/GM; and a little above-par with the United 1P desk.

If the merged CO/UA bomb, I know what airlines I'm switching to :-).
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Nice to see a post about a positive experience with US. ^
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
I've frequently been amazed with US customer service in both ways.
Glad you had a good experience.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:26 am

Same here. I haven't tried the CP line yet, but so far I have been treated pretty nicely in SP and GP line regarding some of the reservations I have got.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by NCommander
So as part of buying miles + Grand Slam, I recently went to redeem a *A award to France in F, and I was loathing having to call US; I had made sure to find all the flights in advice in ANA and such, and then deal with usual headaches.

Consider much to my surprise as a GM that I got two reps (one when I put the iterinary on hold, and another when I redeemed it) that were extremely pleasent, great to work with, apologized for the disaster that is Sabre (the rep was dealing with their system being extremely slow, and I said Sabre simply isn't that great), had everything go exactly as planned, and well, an entirely excellent customer experience; better than what I've gotten with Delta as FO/GM; and a little above-par with the United 1P desk.

If the merged CO/UA bomb, I know what airlines I'm switching to :-).
Just wait until you set foot on a US Airways domestic plane and let's see if you feel the same way.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fly747first
Just wait until you set foot on a US Airways domestic plane and let's see if you feel the same way.
really????

is it so wrong to have a positive thread about an airline?? why is it that ive noticed with any of the airlines on this forum that the moment a positive thread is started, that somebody always ends up "hijacking" the thread with something negative??
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by TiredOfTooMuchTravel
...why is it that ive noticed with any of the airlines on this forum that the moment a positive thread is started, that somebody always ends up "hijacking" the thread with something negative??
Methinks it's an offshoot of the "I'm on the red carpet and you're not. Therefore, I'm better than you" syndrome....my airline is perfect and all other airlines are crap. Ergo, you're an idiot for thinking that anything about any other airline is better than my airline.

FWIW, so far, I have experienced nothing but excellent (and often cheerful) service from US staff (phone, ground, and air).
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
I agree -- most of the time I've had excellent CS representatives when I've called to book international award reservations, sometimes spending 45 minute working with me trying to find a viable itinerary, recommending alternate routings I wouldn't have though of, etc. Honestly, I don't even mind having to pay a reasonable booking fee for these flights if US provides such good service in return.

(and if anyone from US is listening, things like that make a big difference to me when it comes to my loyalty the company)
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by NCommander
apologized for the disaster that is Sabre (the rep was dealing with their system being extremely slow, and I said Sabre simply isn't that great),
QIK/Shares maybe? US doesn't have Sabre.

Jim
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
QIK/Shares maybe? US doesn't have Sabre.

Jim
Well technically, QIK/Shares is just a version of Sabre.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:36 pm

Although both are now owned/supported by the same company - EDS - they're two different systems. Plus QIK and native Shares are two different things - a carrier can use Shares without QIK (CO uses a version of QIK/Shares but allows their people to use native Shares if they prefer).

I don't know of any employee that refers to QIK/Shares as Sabre since they are not the same. US used Sabre prior to the merger while HP used QIK/Shares. Tempe decided to go with QIK/Shares for the combined company.

Jim
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver.
Originally Posted by jrpaguia
FWIW, so far, I have experienced nothing but excellent (and often cheerful) service from US staff (phone, ground, and air).
Uh...been to PHL Lately? If US wants to improve their GA Customer Service they need to clean house in PHL. Just sayin'
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I, too, had a painless experience with the International Award desk back in April when I booked a CHS-LGA/EWR-FRA-AMS-EWR-CHS award....i did the ANA research and produced specific flights and 10 mins later, I had a confirmed booking. Very nice folks and since I couldn't book this online, I was not charged the fee and they somehow did not charge me the DM booking fee either!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by TiredOfTooMuchTravel
really????

is it so wrong to have a positive thread about an airline?? why is it that ive noticed with any of the airlines on this forum that the moment a positive thread is started, that somebody always ends up "hijacking" the thread with something negative??
Do a search on my previous posts. You will see that I have consistently defended US Airways' new long-haul A332 Envoy product. However, domestically, US Airways is the worst major airline in my opinion and I hate the filthy 737s this airline flies to Miami most of the time.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
I hate the filthy 737s this airline flies to Miami most of the time.
Pre-merger US did let things go downhill fast during the 2 BK's. How well I remember the aisle carpet back to at least the curtain being the same color as the rubber mat inside the entry door - black. Then there were the big patches of paint peeling from the exteriors. Especially in BK2, though, US was fighting a losing battle to keep the doors open so I guess some of that was unavoidable if the company was to survive long enough to merge with anyone.

Supposedly there's a program in place to audit the quality of overnight cleaning - about all contracted out - and produce improvements but I don't know how effective it's been, especially on the East side far from Tempe's sight.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.