Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Earn 50% more miles* It's time for your big blockbuster-bonus-miles debut!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 50% more miles* It's time for your big blockbuster-bonus-miles debut!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
Originally Posted by yosithezet
If I transfer points from Hyatt and SPG today, will they get the 50% bonus even if it takes US a week or more to 'take receipt' of the points?
YES!

"Only miles earned after registration and between May 24, 2010 and July 31, 2010 are eligible."

" The last date that activity from a qualifying partner can be received by US Airways for bonus miles consideration is September 30, 2010."

Complete Terms

SPG --> US - the transfer without the 50% bonus will post late in the day on MONDAY the week after you initiate the transfer.
The 50% bonus will post the following Monday, one week after the transfer posts to your US account.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
finally received all my bonus miles took over 3 weeks but they are here.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:37 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
OK this is what I'm thinking.

My dad redeem for a Marriott rewards travel package which gives him 120k miles usually. But with the transfer bonus it nets him 180k miles until July 31st.

Then he takes 50k of those miles and transfers them to me using the 100% bonus which works out to 100k miles to me.

Thus for one travel package my dad ends up with 130k miles and I end up with 100k correct?

Anything wrong with this scenario? I know 50k is the most one can transfer for the bonus of 100% to another account.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:11 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by schley
OK this is what I'm thinking.

My dad redeem for a Marriott rewards travel package which gives him 120k miles usually. But with the transfer bonus it nets him 180k miles until July 31st.

Then he takes 50k of those miles and transfers them to me using the 100% bonus which works out to 100k miles to me.

Thus for one travel package my dad ends up with 130k miles and I end up with 100k correct?

Anything wrong with this scenario? I know 50k is the most one can transfer for the bonus of 100% to another account.
Don't let the 50% Blockbuster bonus for the Marriott conversion cloud your judgment. Sure, the bonus is great. But Marriott points have a value that your dad is sacrificing in order to get US Div Miles. The $ value of the Marriott points is difficult to determine and will vary depending on the individual (examples: if you vacation and stay with family then hotel points are useless; if you redeem points for Fairfield Inn rather than Marriott Marquis....yada yada).

Your "scenario" is actually quite simple. Should your dad transfer 50K to you so you can get the 100% bonus? Simple math:

50,000 x 2.75 cents per mile = $1,375
add to that the 50K bonus and the total of 100,000 miles costs $1375 or 1.375 cents per mile.

Is that a good deal for you? What do you plan to do with the 100K miles? Would buying confirmed seats for the exact dates and times you want cost more than $1375? FF miles seats are a form of a lottery. There are blackout dates, capacity controls, and fees to get your "free" seat.

The fact that your dad ends up with 130K in his DM account should not be factored into to this. Your dad is giving up Marriott points AND DM miles.... and it's costing him $$$$. Again, the 50% Summer Blockbuster promo is really great but it should not play into your decision about whether or not he should transfer miles to you using the 100% transfer bonus.

Last edited by Evan!; Jul 6, 2010 at 12:06 pm Reason: punctuation
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Great analysis thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 3:00 pm

IF I transfer 60K SPG points...it should yeild 112,500 DM?
60K + SPG Bonus = 75K plus US 50% bonus = 112,500.

Is the bonus one time...or can I transfer another 60K the next day and expect the same results?

Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by bshah1976
IF I transfer 60K SPG points...it should yeild 112,500 DM?
60K + SPG Bonus = 75K plus US 50% bonus = 112,500.
Yes

Is the bonus one time...or can I transfer another 60K the next day and expect the same results? Thanks.
Bonus is not onetime - all transfers posted to your SPG account by 7/31 will get bonus miles with US
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:25 pm
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by schley
OK this is what I'm thinking. Anything wrong with this scenario? I know 50k is the most one can transfer for the bonus of 100% to another account.
I do not see another 100% transfer promo anymore
That was the share promo that finished on June1 or did they just start it again??
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...USShareLanding
Please note: Share miles transactions are not eligible for the 100% bonus offer. Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not eligible for Buy, Share or Gift Miles transactions.

If he gifts you 50k it will NOT affect his 180k balance. Far better for you to gift him 50k so he can have 280k ready
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:07 pm

am I missing something...this is a great deal, no?
i guess it depends on how many SPG points you have I can transfer 60K points today and tomorrow and supposedly should end up with approx 225K DM. seems like a good deal to me.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 2:58 pm
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
am I missing something...this is a great deal, no?
i guess it depends on how many SPG points you have I can transfer 60K points today and tomorrow and supposedly should end up with approx 225K DM. seems like a good deal to me.
It is a very good deal (almost one of the best) if you ever want to go on *A in F or J.
100k SPG= 125k US +62.5 = 187.5k US
110k will do 2 trips to EU in J
180 = 330k - 2 trips in F to anywhere on *A or
170 k => 300k US = an rtw in Biz

Only a few better ones
TIB promo = 0.7c each, Sharing promo from a preferred = 0.91c each
Considering that I can buy SPG for 2.35c max, this brings cost of US to 1.35c.
The gifting promo also brings US to same cost with the 100% bonus and 25% from preferred.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 3:15 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Question re getting SPG card for this promo

If I apply, get approved, get the card, and charge $1,000 to an SPG card (for the 30k miles bonus) before this promo ends, will those bonus miles be considered "earned" during the eligible period even if they don't post for 8-12 weeks?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by johndeere19
If I apply, get approved, get the card, and charge $1,000 to an SPG card (for the 30k miles bonus) before this promo ends, will those bonus miles be considered "earned" during the eligible period even if they don't post for 8-12 weeks?
*wood Points won't come into your account before 8-12 weeks and when you transfer that would be in September/October( date of transfer initiated) and promo ends this month.

From terms and conditions:

Eligibility

Registration required. Offer void where prohibited by law. Only miles earned after registration and between May 24, 2010 and July 31, 2010 are eligible ('Eligible Activity Date'). Bonus miles do not count towards Preferred status.

Eligible activity date

Eligible Activity Date is based on the date the Qualifying Partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred. US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates. The last date that activity from a qualifying partner can be received by US Airways for bonus miles consideration is September 30, 2010

Dracs
Old Jul 17, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by dracs
*wood Points won't come into your account before 8-12 weeks and when you transfer that would be in September/October( date of transfer initiated) and promo ends this month.

From terms and conditions:

Eligibility

Registration required. Offer void where prohibited by law. Only miles earned after registration and between May 24, 2010 and July 31, 2010 are eligible ('Eligible Activity Date'). Bonus miles do not count towards Preferred status.

Eligible activity date

Eligible Activity Date is based on the date the Qualifying Partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred. US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners record Eligible Activity Dates. The last date that activity from a qualifying partner can be received by US Airways for bonus miles consideration is September 30, 2010

Dracs
Didn't see that last portion...thanks! Maybe they'll churn this promo over and keep it going for the next few months similar to the 100% buy/share/gift bonus promo(s).
Old Jul 17, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by johndeere19
Didn't see that last portion...thanks! Maybe they'll churn this promo over and keep it going for the next few months similar to the 100% buy/share/gift bonus promo(s).
From the other thread I saw , they have this in summers only so you might want to save your *wood points for next summer .
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Platinum 50+
I apologize in advance if this should be obvious to me from the above posts, but its not...

My first *wood Amex billing cycle ends tomorrow. I fulfilled the $1000 requirement. All my *wood points so far have posted to my *wood account within a day or two after my stay, then been xferred automatically to my DM account, showing up 7 days later, with blockbuster bonus showing up in my DM ledger another 7 days later.

So, given all of the above, am I likely to get the blockbuster bonus on my 30,000 *wood Amex points or not? Because if not, I will hold them in my *wood acct rather than have them auto xferred to my DM account.

Thanks for any clarifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.