Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gogo Wifi starts Monday

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Gogo Wifi starts Monday

Wi-Fi with US
Beginning Monday, the first few A321s take to the skies with our new Wi-Fi internet product, GogoŽ Inflight Internet! By June 1, all 51 aircraft will be outfitted and providing our customers the opportunity to stay connected in the air.
Customers will be able to use their laptop or Wi-Fi enabled mobile device to surf the Web, email or log into work and much more They’ll be more productive with their time and have new entertainment options in the air
As Inflight Internet is installed on our aircraft, customers will know they’ll have Gogo on their flight by the Wi-Fi decal on the outside of the plane at the boarding door and throughout the cabin next to the seat row number There will also be a seatback card with instructions on how to log on and create a user profile. Once all our 51 A321s have Wi-Fi, travelers will be able to see if Wi-Fi is on their flight when they book on usairways.com.
At 10,000 feet, US Airways flight attendants will make an announcement that passengers can now enable their Wi-Fi devices Passengers can connect by turning on their laptop or mobile device and looking for the “gogoinflight” symbol. They’ll then launch their Web browser, create a profile and pay for their session with a major credit card Voila! They’re now surfing the Web in the air.
We chose our A321s because they’re long-range aircraft where the likelihood of using this product is greatest. If we find the demand is strong enough (we’ll watch buying trends based on length and market pair as well as the demographics of the markets served), we’ll consider expanding Wi-Fi to other narrowbody Airbus aircraft
GogoŽ Inflight Internet Pricing
*Gogo Inflight Internet is not available internationally. If you’re flying to / from an international city, the service will only be available while over the U.S. and within 100 miles of its borders. For more information,visit usairways.com/wifi.
Destinations inside the contiguous 48 U.S. states (mainland)
Destinations outside the contiguous 48 U.S. states* (service not available 100 miles outside of U.S. mainland border)
Flight Length
Up to 1.5 hours
1.5 - 3 hours
More than 3 hours
All flights
Laptop netbook
$4.95
$9.95
$12.95
$9.95
Mobile device
$4.95
$7.95
$7.95
$7.95
Handy Tip
To stay online throughout the flight, customers should be sure their laptop battery is fully charged or bring an extra battery Customers can extend their laptop’s battery life by lowering its screen brightness level
Free Wi-Fi!
To introduce Gogo Inflight Internet, customers can try it for free! From March 29 through June 1, any first-time user will get one free “try before you buy” session. All you need to do is create a profile and the first session is free. When you log on again after your freebie, you’ll be offered the purchase screen But wait, there’s more! To celebrate the completion of the fleet, everyone who flies with us during the week of June 1 -8 will get Gogo Inflight Internet entirely free!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
I meant to write Gogo! Oops! I think you all may want to consider buying an extra battery.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:08 am

Programs: None
A freebie trial of GoGo:

To introduce Gogo Inflight Internet, customers can try it for free! From March 29 through June 1, any first-time user will get one free “try before you buy” session. All you need to do is create a profile and the first session is free. When you log on again after your freebie, you’ll be offered the purchase screen. But wait, there’s more! To celebrate the completion of the fleet, everyone who flies with us during the week of June 1 -8 will get Gogo Inflight Internet entirely free!

Jim
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks Jim. I fell short of my cut and paste. lol
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, HH Gold
Thanks a lot for sharing these news!
All A321s until early June is much faster than (I) expected.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: US Air CP/HHonors/Marriott
Will this service be free to F Pax? Can they provide an internet code a la the club for use with first class customers?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Any clues about upload/download speeds while on GoGO? The connections are reliable? Why is it relegated to only 321's? There are several flights that take place on 319's that are 3 hours or more (e.g. BWI-PHX).

Originally Posted by flight62
Wi-Fi with US
Beginning Monday, the first few A321s take to the skies with our new Wi-Fi internet product, GogoŽ Inflight Internet! By June 1, all 51 aircraft will be outfitted and providing our customers the opportunity to stay connected in the air.
Customers will be able to use their laptop or Wi-Fi enabled mobile device to surf the Web, email or log into work and much more They’ll be more productive with their time and have new entertainment options in the air
As Inflight Internet is installed on our aircraft, customers will know they’ll have Gogo on their flight by the Wi-Fi decal on the outside of the plane at the boarding door and throughout the cabin next to the seat row number There will also be a seatback card with instructions on how to log on and create a user profile. Once all our 51 A321s have Wi-Fi, travelers will be able to see if Wi-Fi is on their flight when they book on usairways.com.
At 10,000 feet, US Airways flight attendants will make an announcement that passengers can now enable their Wi-Fi devices Passengers can connect by turning on their laptop or mobile device and looking for the “gogoinflight” symbol. They’ll then launch their Web browser, create a profile and pay for their session with a major credit card Voila! They’re now surfing the Web in the air.
We chose our A321s because they’re long-range aircraft where the likelihood of using this product is greatest. If we find the demand is strong enough (we’ll watch buying trends based on length and market pair as well as the demographics of the markets served), we’ll consider expanding Wi-Fi to other narrowbody Airbus aircraft
GogoŽ Inflight Internet Pricing
*Gogo Inflight Internet is not available internationally. If you’re flying to / from an international city, the service will only be available while over the U.S. and within 100 miles of its borders. For more information,visit usairways.com/wifi.
Destinations inside the contiguous 48 U.S. states (mainland)
Destinations outside the contiguous 48 U.S. states* (service not available 100 miles outside of U.S. mainland border)
Flight Length
Up to 1.5 hours
1.5 - 3 hours
More than 3 hours
All flights
Laptop netbook
$4.95
$9.95
$12.95
$9.95
Mobile device
$4.95
$7.95
$7.95
$7.95
Handy Tip
To stay online throughout the flight, customers should be sure their laptop battery is fully charged or bring an extra battery Customers can extend their laptop’s battery life by lowering its screen brightness level
Free Wi-Fi!
To introduce Gogo Inflight Internet, customers can try it for free! From March 29 through June 1, any first-time user will get one free “try before you buy” session. All you need to do is create a profile and the first session is free. When you log on again after your freebie, you’ll be offered the purchase screen But wait, there’s more! To celebrate the completion of the fleet, everyone who flies with us during the week of June 1 -8 will get Gogo Inflight Internet entirely free!
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by beergolftile
Will this service be free to F Pax? Can they provide an internet code a la the club for use with first class customers?
Very unlikely.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:02 am

Speed should be good. I have used on AA and watched TV shows without any issues.

Gogo has frequent promotions which reduces the cost. They also have provided free access on startup services. These are usually only announced on the flight.

Too bad they took power out of the 321s.

I liked the service.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:12 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Unhappy Sorry Charlie...

Way too little way too late. Most other carries have had it for a long time now...
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by I_Hate_US_Airways
Way too little way too late. Most other carries have had it for a long time now...
Who else has Wifi in the US? The only other time I tried it was on Airtran and it was horribly slow.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I've used GoGo on Delta and it was plenty fast. I was easily able to play YouTube videos.

That said, I only used it a few times until the novelty aspect wore off. I realized I prefer to have isolation from the rest of the world when I fly.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: US Airways Chairman, PetSmart PetPerks Elite
I look forward to trying it. Finally, perhaps, they've come up with something that'll keep me awake on those transcons. Then again, knowing my predilection for sleeping on board, it probably won't do the trick
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flight62
To stay online throughout the flight, customers should be sure their laptop battery is fully charged or bring an extra battery
Indeed -- "Because we were so incredibly short-sighted, we actually took the in-seat power out of airplanes that were already equipped with it!"

Among a lengthy list of stupid decisions, this one ranks very near the top. Perhaps with this opportunity to 'monetize' the demand for in-seat power, they'll reconsider. Let's hope.

Otherwise, this is a great feature to be offering.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by shyam99
Why is it relegated to only 321's?
The wide-bodies and 757 spend a lot of their flight time away from reception, so GoGo isn't of as much use on them. The A321 is the smallest sub-fleet in the A320 family, so less cost for installation than on the A320 or A319. In a way, you can think of it as a trial to see if enough people use it to make it worthwhile to install it on the rest of the Airbus narrow-bodies.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.