Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone stuck at DCA?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LUS DM CP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Emerald Exec
Metro just announced no above ground service tomorrow (meaning you won't be able to get to DCA, but that's probably a moot point since there won't be anything leaving there tomorrow anyway) - It was partially open today (some above ground segments) including to DCA, but not entirely. 8-14 more inches certainly won't help.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I am in DCA (CY Arlington Rosslyn) supposedly I should be working at Fed govt institution for whole week and this is 3rd day they are closed. And it is bit too far and dangerous to drive back to NC in such weather.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by iztok
I am in DCA (CY Arlington Rosslyn) supposedly I should be working at Fed govt institution for whole week and this is 3rd day they are closed. And it is bit too far and dangerous to drive back to NC in such weather.
Stay in DC & enjoy
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:40 pm

How are the roads down that way? I'm still scheduled to fly part of my trip tomorrow night and last I heard Crystal City and the surrounding area are pretty bad. I'm sure the crew parking lot is a complete disaster too. I don't even think the highways are in very good shape, I'm coming in on 66 from the west. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm wherever you are.
Last update we got was that they are trying to restart operations out of DCA at 3:00 tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:48 pm

GW,

snow just stopped recently. I am in Arlington (CY Rosslyn) and roads are still white. I don't think even major roads are clear enough for me to venture on them. Hopefully they will clean some major roads over night. But I will not be holding my breath or betting on it either.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 4:25 pm

I'm listed for a 7pm Newark flight tomorrow although I am trying to leave my place by 1PM tomorrow in NE DC...I don't think the taxi companies will pick me up because I got shafted by 5 companies Tuesday when it wasn't snowing!!!
Old Feb 10, 2010, 5:24 pm

I've seen SuperShuttle running under my hotel window.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, CO PE, Avis First, National EE
Hey GalleyWench,

Unfortunately the roads in the DC Metro area - DCA included seem to be a bit messy. I went with a friend to return a rental car earlier around 6pm and it still seems a bit sloppy around the airport. I've been volunteering 12 hour days at a local hospital driving essential folks to/from the hospital so I've been all over the area. I drove almost 26 hours last weekend and I think the bit we got today just compounded the messy streets out there with the refreezing. I'd be very careful and give yourself plenty of time to get in. If you get bored give me a shout - I live in Pentagon City a few miles from the airport. I'm going to try to help a fellow FT'er get to the airport if his flight is still on for late tomorrow. Good luck GW

Originally Posted by GalleyWench
How are the roads down that way? I'm still scheduled to fly part of my trip tomorrow night and last I heard Crystal City and the surrounding area are pretty bad. I'm sure the crew parking lot is a complete disaster too. I don't even think the highways are in very good shape, I'm coming in on 66 from the west. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm wherever you are.
Last update we got was that they are trying to restart operations out of DCA at 3:00 tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:50 am

DCA has reopened for flight operations - here's hoping some equipment gets there today/tomorrow and outbound flights begin moving.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by radiotvlaw
DCA has reopened for flight operations - here's hoping some equipment gets there today/tomorrow and outbound flights begin moving.
Best news I have seen all day. Still trying to make it home; my weekend getaway turned into 7 days and counting and while I got to stay in some extra hotels on this trip, and am currently camped out with friends in Florida, I really really really can't wait to get home. Right now we're booked on Saturday flight... can't come soon enough!

I hear there is more snow on the way on Monday. Any truth to that rumor or is it just the Weather Channel freaking out? I can't tell one way or the other online-- some sites say nothing, some say 3 inches, some say it'll be another snow monsoon. Got another trip to Vegas on Thursday.... gonna pack for 2 weeks this time I think!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:27 am

Sadly - the rumors are true - right now, local WX guys say 2-4 more inches on Monday/Tuesday. Hoping to get outbound tomorrow via CLT to FLL - I hear it is chilly in Florida but at least no snow.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
I am flying out of DCA (DCA-CLT-MCO). Given the travel waiver in effect, do you think they will put me on a non-stop if I ask? I book the non-direct as it was much cheaper.

I hope flights are on time and on a regular schedule by tomorrow.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 12:55 pm

You could ask, but I'm guessing you'll find out there isn't anything available direct DCA-MCO; I'm going through CLT to get to FLL tomorrow because all of the direct flights are sold out - keep in mind it is the Friday before a long weekend (and that was before Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed flights out of DCA for the most part all cancelled (except briefly on Tuesday) so between everyone rebooked because of WX and the holiday weekend, there's very little availability.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold + 1MM; HHonors Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by radiotvlaw
You could ask, but I'm guessing you'll find out there isn't anything available direct DCA-MCO; I'm going through CLT to get to FLL tomorrow because all of the direct flights are sold out - keep in mind it is the Friday before a long weekend (and that was before Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues/Wed flights out of DCA for the most part all cancelled (except briefly on Tuesday) so between everyone rebooked because of WX and the holiday weekend, there's very little availability.
You are right. Just check. Every flight is sold out!!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 6:14 pm

Does anyone know what is the status of DCA tomorrow? I know a friend's early morning 7am flight out of Dulles was cancelled just a few minutes ago. I have an 11:45am out of DCA-MSY...I've checked and heard nothing about any change in schedule....but I'm a bit worried. Has anyone heard anything?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.