Wiki Posts
Search

Too tight of a connection in CLT?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 2P
Too tight of a connection in CLT?

Heading to FL next month. Would you dare a 40 minute connection at CLT? I've been through the airport many times so I know how to navigate - I guess I'm asking more about on-time issues with US lately.

The return flight is a 55 minute connection, which I still think is tight.

Washington (IAD) Depart 6:02 pm to Charlotte (CLT)
Arrive 7:29 pm US US Airways
Flight: 2636

Charlotte (CLT)
Depart 8:10 pm to Daytona Beach (DAB)
Arrive 9:44 pm US US Airways
Flight: 2625

Thanks...
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
US 2636 IAD-CLT is a Mesa operated flight with a 50% "on time" stated record on the US website.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 2P
Ugh. Next Q is "are there other options when I am stuck in CLT. IE will I get to Orlando that night at least.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
If and big if your flight is on time(see the other post ref. on time) you should make it ok. Next thing will express transfer the luggage to us in time to make the same flight. That's a crap shoot.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Starwood Gold
The problem with that particular DAB flight is that it usually leaves from E (usually one of the furthest gates) and if you arrive in B or C, you have to hoof it. I did this two weeks ago and one of the moving sidewalks was shut off for repair and I made it just as they were boarding.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerbeth
... Next Q is "are there other options when I am stuck in CLT. IE will I get to Orlando that night at least.
If you miss the 8:10p CLT-DAB flight, there's US1857 10:15p CLT-MCO to try to get to Orlando that night.

Much easier to re-book with a US Preferred line to call, as the queue at airport US Special Services/general US resv # may take a while. Worst case is to "invest" in a US Club Day Pass for access and faster service from the lounge reps....
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kudzu
If you miss the 8:10p CLT-DAB flight, there's US1857 10:15p CLT-MCO to try to get to Orlando that night.

Much easier to re-book with a US Preferred line to call, as the queue at airport US Special Services/general US resv # may take a while. Worst case is to "invest" in a US Club Day Pass for access and faster service from the lounge reps....
Good call on the day pass. I have found the ladies at the desk in the club in CLT to be most helpful the few times I have had issues. Plus, pretty nice club!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
If and big if your flight is on time(see the other post ref. on time) you should make it ok. Next thing will express transfer the luggage to us in time to make the same flight. That's a crap shoot.
That would be my biggest worry. If its possible I'd try and carry-on your bag to cut down on the possibility of your bag getting separated from you because of the short connection time. On the other hand, you're on a small plane (CRJ-900 I believe) which means you'll probably have to gate check which means wasting a few minutes in CLT collecting your bag...

Originally Posted by BOS2DCA
The problem with that particular DAB flight is that it usually leaves from E (usually one of the furthest gates) and if you arrive in B or C, you have to hoof it. I did this two weeks ago and one of the moving sidewalks was shut off for repair and I made it just as they were boarding.
I think IAD-CLT comes in at the E terminal as well (at least it did yesterday and today), so that should be less of a worry.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I mis read the op. Looks like that's express to express. The big if the inbd. is on time all should be good imo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.