Wiki Posts
Search

Standby / Fees / Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Standby / Fees / Upgrades

Hi Guys,

I've just started to fly frequently over the past couple years, so please excuse my incompetence.

I have a flight tomorrow at 1PM~ (within 24 Hours) and received my upgrade (PLT level) just fine.

There are a few more nonstop flights today on US Airways within the 24HR window of tomorrow flight.

1) Am I able to go on free standby for a flight BEFORE my flight? (Believe its included on all levels SIL/GLD/etc)

2) Are there change fees if I successfully switch to an earlier flight? OR any changes in fares for taking an earlier flight via standby?

3) If I do happen to get a seat and an F seat is available, does PLT status leapfrog or is it all based on Fare class?

I've only done standby when I've been late to flights in the past and hasn't been an issue too often.

Thanks for the help
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: US Chairman's, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Etc.
Originally Posted by agentpaul001
Hi Guys,

I've just started to fly frequently over the past couple years, so please excuse my incompetence.

I have a flight tomorrow at 1PM~ (within 24 Hours) and received my upgrade (PLT level) just fine.

There are a few more nonstop flights today on US Airways within the 24HR window of tomorrow flight.

1) Am I able to go on free standby for a flight BEFORE my flight? (Believe its included on all levels SIL/GLD/etc)

2) Are there change fees if I successfully switch to an earlier flight? OR any changes in fares for taking an earlier flight via standby?

3) If I do happen to get a seat and an F seat is available, does PLT status leapfrog or is it all based on Fare class?

I've only done standby when I've been late to flights in the past and hasn't been an issue too often.

Thanks for the help

1) You can "MoveUp" to an earlier flight tomorrow for no charge at the airport (the normal "MoveUp" fee is waived for preferreds). If you are not preferred, there is a $50 fee. http://www.usairways.com/en-US/trave...s/default.html

2) There are no change fees or fare changes if you "MoveUp" at the airport. If you try to do it over the phone, they will in all likelihood treat it as a ticketing change and charge you the $150 change fee plus difference in fare.

3) If there are F seats available (generally unlikely, although it depends on the route), you are a platinum, and there are no chairman's or other platinums who have yet to be upgraded, you should be at the top of the list. Fare class does not matter at the airport - the upgrade is processed by status level and earliest check-in time.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.