Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred shortcut

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2009, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Preferred shortcut

I'm confused over two emails I got last month. First of I, I am silver preferred through the 90 day trial that ran in the summer. The trial ends on 11/11/09. I got an email on 9/12 saying that I needed 2908 miles by 11/11/09 to keep the silver status unil Feb 28, 2011.

I then got another email on 9/14 saying that I can earn preferred status for 2010 by flying 7500 miles by the end of the year. Then it continues to say, "Already earned Preferred status for 2010? You can stretch to the next level. We'll determine and award your Preferred status on January 10, 2010."

I"m confused. I just booked a trip in October that will be approximately 4400 miles round trip. That will put me over the 7500 miles if combined with the trip I took in August. It will also satifsfy the 2908 miles needed to retain the silver status until Feb 2011. So after this trip in October, I should be silver for another year and a half... is that right? And how does the 2nd email come in to play? I'm planning on called Dividend miles tomorrow, as it shows they're closed today. But I know that the people on this board are just as knowledgable as the reps at USAirways, and was hoping to get the answer today. Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Lifetime Plat/Titanium, National Exec Elite
I am in exact same boat. I assume that my travel this week (putting me over the required 7500 miles required by the Budget promo) will solidify my Silver status through Feb. 2011.

By the way i am 4 for 6 on upgrades since my trial Silver status was effective - much better than my percentage of upgrades on Delta. Just rolled to Gold on Delta - if my upgrade percentage does not improve, I may switch much more of my flying to US.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:22 pm

The confusion comes because they are running a promo that is very similar in nature to the Try Preferred program. The email with the January 10th date relates to the "Race to Preferred Status" promotion, while the other email you received is your monthly status update for the Try Preferred (which you signed up for free via the Budget link).

Here's the link for the Race to Preferred Status details: http://www2.usairways.com/en-US/divi...c=dm_txt_00726

As you can see, it's the same mileage requirements in roughly the same amount of time. The one difference is that you don't get the preferred status until January 10th. With the Try Preferred, you have Silver status while you attempt to qualify.

You should have nothing to worry about - if you fly the 7,500 miles in your 90 day window, you will keep the Silver status.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the explanation..... One more question though..... It says that if you're already preferred on January 10, you jump to the next level. Does that mean I'll go to Gold, since I'll be retaining silver in October?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by dloutas
...I then got another email on 9/14 saying that I can earn preferred status for 2010 by flying 7500 miles by the end of the year. Then it continues to say, "Already earned Preferred status for 2010? You can stretch to the next level. We'll determine and award your Preferred status on January 10, 2010."
My question: If you make the 15K miles to Gold under the Budget promo trial 90 days (which is good thru 2/2011), and then fly 7.5K AFTER the 90 days of the Budget promo, but before 12/15/09,
will you be Chairman's on 1/10/10?

It reads as if you will just need to fly the 7.5K above your current elite status to add another level, and 15K (in this case) to Chairman's Preferred.
Could it really be so simple (and additive?)

Both promos have the 7.5K, 15K, 22.5K, and 30K tiers - and the "stretch" provision seems to imply it is "additive".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.