Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The snack baskets they are a-changing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
According to some of the PIT inflight sups, the word on the street is that the basket will be rotating on a monthly basis between 6-12 items per month which will be spread varied by catering station(ie different items loaded in DCA than in CLT)
Old Oct 19, 2005, 3:24 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by Kendall
On a PHL-PIT the FA informed me that they were getting rid of the beloved Ruger XOXO treats. I grabbed the last three in the basket. Anyone else hear of this?
Say it ain't so... Keep the XOXO's!!!!
Old Oct 20, 2005, 6:27 am

Programs: US Silver, Hilton Diamond,
Plenty of XOXOs on both legs of my JAX-PHL-JAX trip this week... ^ Will miss 'em if they go, but won't miss the extra calories
Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:06 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
XOXO's aside, I wish HP would adopt this snack basket on their flights. Those gold mix that they serve are getting old. I fly mostly HP flights as I fly out of PHX and using US Airways to fly means connecting somewhere and about $1000 difference in fare so the sooner the snack basket makes the jump the better

Lance
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:00 am

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Had the XOXO's on yesterday's DCA-CLT flight-must have been an old batch they were stale . Had a new item though-- Forget the name Yellow Zonkers I think, but it was Popcorn with a sugar flavoring. Like a Craker-Jack but sweeter.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 9:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RMINIONE
Had the XOXO's on yesterday's DCA-CLT flight-must have been an old batch they were stale . Had a new item though-- Forget the name Yellow Zonkers I think, but it was Popcorn with a sugar flavoring. Like a Craker-Jack but sweeter.
They're Screaming Yellow Zonkers...pretty good in my opinion.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Plenty of XOXO's today LAX-CLT-JAX.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum & Million Miler. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shell nyc
They're Screaming Yellow Zonkers...pretty good in my opinion.
I like them a lot. However, the combination of those and an XO bar may lead to a dangerous sugar rush!

Sean
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:16 am

NO (!!) Snack Basket!

I was absolutely gobsmacked that there was NO snack basket offered at all on our SFO-CLT flight yesterday! No explanation either! They passed out a little packet of cashews with honey roasted sesame bits with the first round of beverages, but that was it! I feel positively cheated!!
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:52 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by 6Arabians
I was absolutely gobsmacked that there was NO snack basket offered at all on our SFO-CLT flight yesterday! No explanation either! They passed out a little packet of cashews with honey roasted sesame bits with the first round of beverages, but that was it! I feel positively cheated!!
Sometimes you have to just ask.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by 6Arabians

Cheated?! You were screwed!

Some FAs seem to think it's a meal OR a snack basket flight but not both. The really, really good ones (from Piedmont!) will bring the basket out with the first post-take-off drink. Then take meal orders, then serve meals, and then return with the basket mid-flight. Not too many of them around any more.

I find that if you ask for a basket item, then usually the whole thing comes out and everyone gets a shot at it. I'm not shy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.