FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger-505/)
-   -   The snack baskets they are a-changing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-2005-america-west-merger/472280-snack-baskets-they-changing.html)

Blumie Sep 13, 2005 1:03 pm

The snack baskets they are a-changing

I aplogize if this is old news.

On a LGA-BOS shuttle flight last week, the basket included a packaged danish that I had never seen before. I asked the FA if they were a new addition to the basket. He said that they were a temporary substitution, but he did indicate that the baskets would change in connection with the merger. I asked if it was a cost-cutting move, be he said it was not, rather more of a freshening of an offering that has not changed in a while.

sts603 Sep 13, 2005 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
I aplogize if this is old news.

On a LGA-BOS shuttle flight last week, the basket included a packaged danish that I had never seen before. I asked the FA if they were a new addition to the basket. He said that they were a temporary substitution, but he did indicate that the baskets would change in connection with the merger. I asked if it was a cost-cutting move, be he said it was not, rather more of a freshening of an offering that has not changed in a while.

They better keep the XOXO and the shortbread's.....oh and the Cape Cods.

jaymay Sep 13, 2005 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by sts603
They better keep the XOXO and the shortbread's.....oh and the Cape Cods.

I still haven't seen the XOXOs! How are they packaged? Maybe I am just overlooking them.

sts603 Sep 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by jaymay
I still haven't seen the XOXOs! How are they packaged? Maybe I am just overlooking them.

It's been the summer - they remove them for the summer months since they melt easily. They should be back soon.

phlwookie Sep 13, 2005 3:01 pm

FWIW, PHL-MHT this morning, the usual suspects in the basket. No XOXO's either, but it's a hot day in the East so I wasn't expecting them. No Danishes - maybe that's only for the Shuttle? I had my usual shortbreads.

MJonTravel Sep 13, 2005 3:13 pm

Had XO's on my FLL-DCA flight last Thursday night. So they are slowly re-appearing I think. Lady Astrojets had never tried them. She now has me committed to bringing an XO home after every US flight. :D

kudzu Sep 13, 2005 3:31 pm

Yes, the XOXOs are showing up again. They were in abundance on Sep 10 MIA-CLT flight, and yes, I declined (overweight already!)

Mhttoanywhere Sep 13, 2005 4:18 pm

I had the xo's on a flight phl-den in late August.
Yummy!

BNAChairman Sep 13, 2005 6:01 pm

I think that the dunkin' sticks the OP mentions are unique to the shuttle flights. I've only seen them on those flights. Another thread that covers the F offerings between DCA and LGA also made note of the sugary gems.

Blumie Sep 13, 2005 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
I think that the dunkin' sticks the OP mentions are unique to the shuttle flights. I've only seen them on those flights. Another thread that covers the F offerings between DCA and LGA also made note of the sugary gems.

The danishes I saw last week were different than the normal morning doughnut offering. Perhaps the danishes were the "temporary substitution" for the doughnuts on that particular day. Today, the doughnuts were back and the danishes were gone.

McFlyPHL Sep 13, 2005 8:09 pm

Does anyone else miss the English Bay (or something) breakfast bar type things? Anyone seen them? Last time I saw them was early winter...

shell nyc Sep 13, 2005 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
Does anyone else miss the English Bay (or something) breakfast bar type things? Anyone seen them? Last time I saw them was early winter...

Here here! They were a good semi-healthy alternative. I usually kept one or two in my bag for a emergency snack (you know, in case I was stuck in an airport without a club, or a ground hold in PHL or LGA with uncooperative F FAs!) ;)

McFlyPHL Sep 13, 2005 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by shell nyc
Here here! They were a good semi-healthy alternative. I usually kept one or two in my bag for a emergency snack (you know, in case I was stuck in an airport without a club, or a ground hold in PHL or LGA with uncooperative F FAs!) ;)

You know if I saw you with 'em, you would be under attack! :D

When it comes to semi healthy snacks, I'm vicious!

kennyboy3 Sep 14, 2005 6:54 am

Saw XOXOs yesterday in snack baskets on several flights around the East Coast...

AND ATE THEM!

:D

Kendall Oct 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Xo's being nixed?

On a PHL-PIT the FA informed me that they were getting rid of the beloved Ruger XOXO treats. I grabbed the last three in the basket. Anyone else hear of this?