Wiki Posts
Search

Is reservations jerking my chain?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors DM, Airtran Elite, Delta SM
Is reservations jerking my chain?

I was asking about upgrade availability for a certain flight and was told I couldn't upgrade it because it wasn't available to them, it was an online only flight. This wasn't some special offer, just an SFO-ATL. It was the only one that was even on US metal and because I'm trying to use a companion pass I can't book online. But because I can't book online I can't get this "promotional flight." Does this rep know what they are talking about, or are some flights that come up in a normal flight search unavailable to phone reservations?
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
In your opinion, was English the first language of the reservation agent you were speaking with???
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shell nyc
In your opinion, was English the first language of the reservation agent you were speaking with???
I truly do not think so
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Another victim of San Salvador...

Call again...maybe in the morning you'll have a better chance to get an INT based res agent. I certainly haven't heard of flights only available for online upgrades...
Old Sep 8, 2005, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
These continued tales of reservation woes certainly makes one want to commit 100% to US so to be sure of CP status and being able to avoid these hassles as less than a CP...or just jump ship. We'll know so much more as the merger unfolds. Interesting times...
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shell nyc
Call again...maybe in the morning you'll have a better chance to get an INT based res agent. I certainly haven't heard of flights only available for online upgrades...
I realized something was up when she said "you no can do that, sir"
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:00 am

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bamalawdawg
I realized something was up when she said "you no can do that, sir"
another case of "Agent Roulette"
Old Sep 9, 2005, 5:47 am

Programs: US CP
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

One of the best perks that come with elite status...

ENGLISH!

Old Sep 9, 2005, 6:20 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by bamalawdawg
I was asking about upgrade availability for a certain flight and was told I couldn't upgrade it because it wasn't available to them, it was an online only flight. This wasn't some special offer, just an SFO-ATL. It was the only one that was even on US metal and because I'm trying to use a companion pass I can't book online. But because I can't book online I can't get this "promotional flight." Does this rep know what they are talking about, or are some flights that come up in a normal flight search unavailable to phone reservations?

Which hub are you trying to fly through, CLT or PHL? The nonstop flight is United.

Last edited by planeluvr; Sep 9, 2005 at 6:24 am
Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by planeluvr
Which hub are you trying to fly through, CLT or PHL? The nonstop flight is United.
I'm having to find flights that are US metal for that trip (not easy to do) so I can upgrade with miles. The lack of one-way upgrades really burns me good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.