Wiki Posts
Search

Good Job US, and I Even Transited PHL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Good Job US, and I Even Transited PHL

Just a quick report. Flew US down to FLL on 9/2 to board a cruise on 9/3. My original booking was DCA-CLT-FLL. Got a call from the electronic voice about 4pm (My departure was at 7:05PM) that my flight to CLT was delayed and I would misconnect. Called RES and they couldn't offer me anything except a flight into PBI from DCA. The nonstop from DCA to FLL was full. Decided to wing and go to the airport. The F line agent quickly found us a connection through PHL (the horror...with 2 bags to check). But that was our only option, and she was even able to upgrade us on the PHL-FLL leg on a 757! The trip went fine from there. Our bags were among the first bags off the plane, and were rolling out of the bagroom as we reached baggage claim at FLL.

Our return yesterday was on the nonstop 5:45PM flight back to DCA. Upgrades cleared at the window. Very polite agent at FLL seemed rather new and it took him a few minutes to process Lady Astrojet's companion upgrade, but other than that no problem...and I don't even consider that a problem. I did note that there were 5 or 6 apparent new hire agents in street clothes along with an instructor training on Sabre down at the international check in counter. Aside from a very vocal 5 month old baby seated behind me in 2A with his father, the flight back was great. XO's have returned, and they even served a snack. Turkey & Pastrami on rye. Not bad.

I'm going to share my positive comments regarding check-in personnel with US. My only negative note would be that the airplanes on all 3 legs needed a good scowering with some 409 and a sponge in certain spots....especially the 757.

I was not very excited about winding up with the connection in PHL. But it went fine. My only comment there would be that the gate area around C27 is filthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.