Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to book J seat to London -- Desperate!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by brgallion
I have found it virtually impossible to book upper class seats on any *A equipment without releasing premium miles. Had a United agent actually tell me that the standard award levels are not released to US members. So getting that Envoy seat might be your only chance. Hope you get it for her.
Unless things have changed relatively recently this is totally untrue. I booked two first class and two business class seats on the same United flights using US Air miles and flew on the flights in April/May of this year. I used the low mileage awards (Saver). In fact, I think the opposite is true. At least with United miles the term "Standard" is used when awards are the ones that cost the most miles. Those in fact are not released to *A. But those are the most expensive ones. The ones that are fewer miles are called "Saver" awards. Those are available *A awards. You cannot book flights on * carriers at the standard award levels which some are calling premium here. All of the * awards are at the saver level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.