Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancel Tickets/Medical Reasons

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2005, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Cancel Tickets/Medical Reasons

I need to cancel 2 international tickets for September 24th as a result of a medical problem, i.e. my wife needs to have non- elective surgery. Is there a procedure to waive the change fees? Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Unfortunately there is not.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:58 pm

No...there's no procedure for it. However, I did have some luck on the one and only occasion when I had to postpone a flight for medical reasons. I managed to get an ear infection the day before a flight from TPA to ORD. The ER doctor I saw in St Petersburg found out through our conversation that I was to fly to Chicago the next day and said, "If you do, you'll risk rupturing your ear drum." Having already had one surgery to repair an ear drum, I elected to try to postpone my flight. The doctor wrote a medical notice for me to give to US Airways. I suspected that, per US Airways' policy, the note would do no good whatsoever. However, I got a gate pass for the TPA US Airways Club and pleaded my case with a friendly Club rep. She changed my flight to the following day with no penalty.

All that is to say, it probably won't happen, but it never hurts to ask. You might just get the right person.

Of course, in my case, it probably helped that I was CP and the agent in TPA recognised me from my frequent visits to that Club locale.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 10:26 pm

Please call CCY and ask to speak with Ben Dover he is in charge of exceptions to fare rules. His motto is we're not happy until you're not happy.

Good luck, may the schwartz be with you.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 8:01 am

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by PineyBob
Please call CCY and ask to speak with Ben Dover he is in charge of exceptions to fare rules. His motto is we're not happy until you're not happy.

Good luck, may the schwartz be with you.
I heard that Ben had been replaced by Helen Waite. So, if you have issues and Ben Dover is not available, go to Helen Waite.
Old Sep 9, 2005, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by snokums925
I heard that Ben had been replaced by Helen Waite. So, if you have issues and Ben Dover is not available, go to Helen Waite.
Helen Waite is Ben's very capable assistant. I just had to Chiame in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.