Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last One Out at PIT RES - Turn off the Lights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
hscottm,
As usual, a great post. I am sorry to hear of your dad's situation.

As a former resident of the 'Burgh, I have met a lot of folks that worked at the res center over the years and am terribly sorry to see how things shook out. I wanted to go to the goodbye party that Piney Bob and FFocus was arranging, but couldn't alter plans to make it in time.

I hope they hoist the glasses high, and leave with the right kind of tear in their eye.

Best wishes to them all.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
hscottm

Please point your dad to this thread. We all wish the Greentree employees much happiness in the future.

I just logged on quickly to see if there was any news on the party tonight at the Holiday Inn. It is with much regret that I'm in LAS and taking a red eye home tonight. I had planned on attending with the other members of ffocus and this forum and thanking the many fine folks who have worked so hard for all of us over the years . You wil be missed.

Those in CCY will not. How do you sleep at night?

Greg
Old Jul 29, 2005, 4:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
. . . You wil be missed.

Those in CCY will not. How do you sleep at night?
From the looks of this many of them will no doubt have a few sleepless nights to reflect on it.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 5:38 pm

The Pittsburgh hub served as the foundation for the growth of US Airways into a large airline, like the steel industry that once thrived in Pittsburgh and helped to build this country into a great industrial power.

Despite what Pittsburgh contributed to US Airways and the United States of America, it seems never to have been rewarded for all that it gave.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 5:40 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Thumbs up

^ I'll add my best wishes to this roster! Many of my pals who remain at US in INT (Winston-Salem, NC) in accounting and other divisions consistently tell me that even though INT still has the most senior res staff, it has always been their preference to work with the PIT res staff for their ease and professionalism. That means a lot coming from folks who'd normally give kudos first to their neighbors down the hall or across the street. Many of us loyal US customers were helped out of many a jam or emergency travel scenario by a patient PIT res agent who knew how to make things happen when it mattered.

Thanks for all you did for us.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 9:50 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_358274.html

Includes a mention of FFOCUS.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 7:02 am

Programs: 1K, Hertz Five Star
Thumbs up

hscottm, best wishes to your dad. If he was at the party at the Holiday Inn, I most likely saw him.

I was there as a FFOCUS member and it was a moving, heart rending and inspiring experience. The spirit of these wonderful people had to be seen to be believed. If they were bitter, they hid it very well. They were determined to put on a classy finale and did so with resounding success.

God bless them all and much luck to them in their future endeavors.

- Badri

Last edited by bnarayan1511; Jul 30, 2005 at 7:02 am Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.