Community
Wiki Posts
Search

reservation for an award flight

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

reservation for an award flight

Is it possible to make a reservation now and pay by redeeming miles later (before the flight of course), if I don't have enough miles just yet?

Also, if I buy some miles to reach the award level, but the US Airways could not offer any suitable itinerary, can I return the miles and get my money back?
Old May 10, 2005, 7:00 am

Programs: US lowlife
They'll find the itinerary for you, then you can hold it for a short time while you accrue the miles. I think its only 24 or 72 hours, no longer.

-JC
Old May 10, 2005, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by jcooke
They'll find the itinerary for you, then you can hold it for a short time while you accrue the miles. I think its only 24 or 72 hours, no longer.

-JC
While waiting for miles to transfer to my US account, they've let me keep renewing the hold on a reservation 2 or 3 times...
Old May 10, 2005, 8:09 am

Programs: US lowlife
I believe ya on that one, just gotta find a good agent to do that and know ask to renew the hold.
Old May 10, 2005, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

jcooke: by agent you mean a CSR or an independent travel agent?
Old May 10, 2005, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by javabean
Thanks!

jcooke: by agent you mean a CSR or an independent travel agent?
Since you can only book award tickets through US, then a US agent must be the one to give you an extension.
Old May 10, 2005, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnep1
Since you can only book award tickets through US, then a US agent must be the one to give you an extension.
that's what I thought. thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.