Wiki Posts
Search

US starting to Improve

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
Thumbs up US starting to Improve

^ ^ I was suppose to connect through CLT on Wednesday and got an automated call that said my flight got canceled on the PIT CLT segment. The US rep told me that due to new runway construction in CLT they needed to cancel many flights in and out this week. They said the reduction of service will last all week. Check with US before traveling this week.

On another note, I flew from SAN –PIT through CLT last week and in-flight and ground service has improved significantly. The planes are cleaner and they are not running out stuff like before. The attitudes are also starting to change. I noticed the CLT ground crew meeting delayed flights with carts to get people to make connections. I was standing in front of the inbound Vegas flight and 8 carts showed and a supervisor was directing people to the parked carts.

The people that are left are showing dedication and finally doing a good job except for PHL. I think PHL is a lost cause and will never change.
Old May 10, 2005, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Those things are good signs but should really be the expectation not the exception in air travel. US will be a sub-par legacy regardless until they improve FC service, esp. on midcons and transcons.
Old May 10, 2005, 9:13 am

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
I've been relatively pleased with US, especially lately.

Then again, my US experience is different than many on this board. My travel is confined to the east coast. Out of my last 100 or so segments on US since last May, my longest flight has been BOS-CLT except for one CLT-LAS-CLT round trip.

For short flights under 500 miles... (my longest flight this calendar year so far out of 43 segments is PHL-JAX at 780 miles), US is great.

I'm sure if I was doing transcons regularly like many of you, I would have a different opinion.
Old May 10, 2005, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile

JAXPax - same here - short flights with connections - phl -clt then to another city, plus one international to Rome. I have had good experiences. ^
Old May 10, 2005, 11:34 am

Cleaner Planes

The last couple of trips that I took I noticed cleaner planes. Those were even via PHL, so I expect things in that category are starting to improve.
Old May 10, 2005, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh no! Could it be I've burned my miles in vain?

The horror! The horror!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.