Wiki Posts
Search

one-way Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

flying to Europe - partner airline award ticket

Hi,

I was looking at the US airways partner award chart, they say you need 50,000 miles for flying to Europe with a partner airline, but is it one-way or return flight? How many miles I would need to fly one way?
Thanks!

Last edited by javabean; May 9, 2005 at 9:08 pm
Old May 9, 2005, 8:41 pm

Welcome to FT.

All awards on US are for a roundtrip. US does not have one-way award.
Old May 9, 2005, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

well, that's a shame

thanks!
Old May 9, 2005, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by javabean
well, that's a shame

thanks!
I agree. Others here will know more than I do, but if you want one-way awards on US carriers, you're going to need some miles from international carriers within the alliance.

I believe that you can get one-way AA awards using both BA and QF miles.
Old May 9, 2005, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Guys, if I want to get an award ticket for a partner airline round-trip to Europe using US Airways miles, can I choose the airline? Or it's like this: I tell US Airways what city in Europe I want to go to and when and they send me with an airline of their choice?

What are the chances of getting onto a specific flight (date, time, airline) of my choice?
Old May 9, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: United Gold
javabean - you can give an itinerary and "ask whether a certain flight/airline is available" but there are no guarantees. in the end, all they'll try to do is find you AN itinerary that works.
Old May 9, 2005, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hscottm
javabean - you can give an itinerary and "ask whether a certain flight/airline is available" but there are no guarantees. in the end, all they'll try to do is find you AN itinerary that works.
thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.