Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can't check in on line!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:36 am
Original Poster

can't check in on line!

I tried to check in on line today for my PHL-LAS flight tomorrow and the message said I had to see an agent on the day of departure. My traveling companion was able to check in. Now since I can't check in 24hrs in advance, what will this do to my chances of getting a Silver upgrade? Now everyone in the world will get a chance to be on the standby list first. At least I was able to get an exit row seat when I first made my reservation
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Maybe you're a SSSS.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:33 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by robertlew
I tried to check in on line today for my PHL-LAS flight tomorrow and the message said I had to see an agent on the day of departure. My traveling companion was able to check in. Now since I can't check in 24hrs in advance, what will this do to my chances of getting a Silver upgrade? Now everyone in the world will get a chance to be on the standby list first. At least I was able to get an exit row seat when I first made my reservation
Chance of upgrade zero.

And you may or may not have been assigned an exit row seat. Many times when this has happened to me in the past the seat was not changed. You really should call to confirm the change. Welcome to the award winning US Airways web site.

Enjoy your flight though.

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Apr 29, 2005 at 6:36 am
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:35 am

Programs: American Plat Pro, Hertz President's Club, Starwood Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I had bookmarked the Checkin page, and it didn't allow me to check-in online, but when I used the USAirways.com home page, it went through.....
Old Apr 29, 2005, 11:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Only time that ever happens to me. . . SSSS
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
what will this do to my chances of getting a Silver upgrade?
A silver upgrade on a flight to LAS with 8F seats?

Forget it! Even if you were able to check-in online, your chances would be slim to none. Damn reconfigured 757...
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Happened to me last week on a flight to CLT. Got to the airport extra early, agent check in took all of about 3 seonds. No SSSS. Tried to check in online for my return, and it worked like a charm.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:06 pm

If you are on multiple-segment trip and clear only 1 of those segments, you cannot check in online.
Old May 5, 2005, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

I do not know what happened but I went to the counter and showed my ID and got my boarding pass right away, no SSSS. My beef was that I was not able to try for an upgrade (I got one the last PHL-LAS flight) and did not get the online check in bonus.
Old May 9, 2005, 2:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Is there an online check-in issue when you have booked a ticket within 24hrs of departure?

Or, have I ripened myself for a nice thorough exam
Old May 12, 2005, 8:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just got:
Your reservation is in the system, however, we are unable to complete your check-in at this time as this itinerary is not an e-ticket. On day of departure, please see a Customer Service Representative at the airport to complete your check-in.

Am I getting SSSS? I am travelling on an US e-ticket (037) but the flights tomorrow but they are UA marketed/US operated. Thanks.
Old May 13, 2005, 11:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
Just got:
Your reservation is in the system, however, we are unable to complete your check-in at this time as this itinerary is not an e-ticket. On day of departure, please see a Customer Service Representative at the airport to complete your check-in.

Am I getting SSSS? I am travelling on an US e-ticket (037) but the flights tomorrow but they are UA marketed/US operated. Thanks.
Turns out the VCR was not specified on my return trip.

Booked my LGA-CLT as 037 US marketed/US op outbound, UA marketed/US op on the return. For some reason, the ticket was not tied to the return reservation. Gate agent had to print my return eticket coupons out to use for the return portion.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
I did a search and couldn't find a straight answer, maybe someone can help. I'm flying PIT-CLT-FPO tomorrow. Can I checkin online? The website says something about completing the checkin process at the airport. The language seems kind of vague and thought it would be best to check with the experts here. Any info would be great, thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 7:17 am

Programs: US lowlife
FPO's a US destination, so there should be no issues.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:05 am

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
My wife and I are confirmed in F tomorrow US0080 SAN-PHL. When I attempted to check us in online, it checked in my wife, but not me .

I got this message - Your reservation is in the system, however, we are unable to complete your check-in at this time. On day of departure, please see a Customer Service Representative at the airport to complete your check-in.

We upgraded these seats with miles a month ago. The preliminary checkin page shows my seat in F, as it still does on virtuallythere.com with Class: First and Status: Confirmed.

My wife is traveling under her DM number, while I am using my UA MP number. Would that make a difference?

Or is it just my turn in the SSSS barrel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.