Wiki Posts
Search

Merger Update for Preferred Members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Merger Update for Preferred Members

I haven't seen this posted yet but if it has I apoligize. Just recieved this e-mail:

After months of planning, the merger of US Airways and America West is almost upon us, and if all goes as planned our companies will formally merge within the next two weeks. We couldn’t be more excited about this important milestone in aviation history and I want to take a moment to communicate a couple of things for you to know as we prepare for day one of the merged airlines.

First, I want to pass along the sincere gratitude of our 28,000 employees at US Airways and US Airways Express. You meet some of these fantastic people every time you fly with us, and I am honored to be a colleague of some of the finest aviation professionals in the business. All of us recognize that you are part of a distinctive group of travelers that make up the heart and soul of US Airways. Quite simply, Preferred members fly more frequently and generate a significant portion of our revenue. We value the business you bring us, and we thank you for putting your trust in us to help you succeed in your own business. Thank you for working with us for so many years.

The second reason I’m writing to you is to ask for your continued support as we implement the merger. You’ve undoubtedly heard the line in our recent communications that “merging two airlines is a complex task.” Well, it’s true. Our number one marketing priority has been to create a seamless transition for our Preferred members, from day one. To meet this goal, we’ve had literally hundreds of people from numerous companies working tirelessly since June on integrating our systems. We’re confident that we will be successful, and that you will be able to complete almost all required transactions on day one as easily as you do today.

However, as with any integration that involves complex information technology work and systems integration, we ask that you “pardon our dust” if, in fact, you do encounter a slightly more rudimentary process than you might be used to. We would rather be upfront with you about what we can deliver on day one, and while it is our goal to provide “one face” to the customer immediately, we know there will be bumps along the road (or perhaps “minor turbulence along the flight path”). More important than everything working perfectly on day one will be our attitude and response to any mishaps, and you have my personal commitment that we are ready to respond to any issues quickly and handle them appropriately so you can be on your way.

To that end we are taking the following steps to ensure our cutover goes smoothly on day one of the merger:

Our Chairman’s Preferred Liaisons and other Preferred Desk staff are trained and ready to assist you when you call, starting on day one;
For the first few months, we will still have two web sites, usairways.com and americawest.com. Eventually, we will have a single web site, but in the short term, continue to use usairways.com as you have always done. If you want to seek out new flight options not available at usairways.com, then move to americawest.com.
Once we announce complete details on the new benefits and services of the merger as early as next week, we will begin to respond to your e-mails.
We’ve built manual back-up plans for things like upgrades, in case our systems are unable to automatically process certain transactions.
From you, we ask for three things:

First, please read and save the e-mails we’ll send you over the next several weeks. They will have important information to help make your travel and planning work smoothly and will answer almost any question you have about the new airline.
Second, look for a specific and very detailed communication regarding our combined company’s frequent flyer program, including information for Preferred members.
Finally, continue to fly with us and look forward to a significantly expanded route network system and the same extraordinary benefits you’ve always enjoyed with US Airways.
Thank you again for flying with us so regularly, for being our best customers, and for your patience as we create the only airline you’ll ever need for business and leisure travel worldwide.

Last edited by safetymom; Sep 20, 2005 at 6:08 am
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:03 am

You shoud edit out the email address that is mentioned in the letter. This is for exclusive use of preferred members and should not be reproduced.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
I recieved both the HP and US merger update emails overnight...quite impressed that US was only about 30 minutes behind HP on this one instead of 3 days. Do you think they hired another programmer?
Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:11 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by shell nyc
I recieved both the HP and US merger update emails overnight...quite impressed that US was only about 30 minutes behind HP on this one instead of 3 days. Do you think they hired another programmer?
Yeah, another "cost cutting move"... he's based in India, not CCY or Tempe.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:39 am

Programs: US CP
Maybe I'm a sucker....

...but I found this email refreshing. It was nice to be thanked for loyalty, and it was a nice change to have it said openly that there will be bumps and facing reality instead of promising the moon and falling short. Also including a line of communication. Nice start!
Old Sep 20, 2005, 8:00 am

Programs: US lowlife
Yeah, I was impressed with this email. It didnt say too much other than "please be patient as we grow and go through some growing pains".

Its small, but counts towards positive PR. ^

-JC
Old Sep 20, 2005, 9:40 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by jcooke
Yeah, I was impressed with this email. It didnt say too much other than "please be patient as we grow and go through some growing pains".

-JC
Andrew is one of the few good guys and I am very glad to see he is moving back home.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Why the hell am I not receiving these e-mails? Are silvers not good enough?
Old Sep 20, 2005, 1:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by jcooke

-JC
I, too, was impressed by the proactive *gasp* communication! I hope it's not immunizing us against something we don't want to hear like I learned in my PR classes, but I'll be optimistic for now.

Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by photog72

Don't feel bad. I'm CP and the only communication I receive from US is my DM statement every month. No e-savers, no communications... nothing. At this point I figure I will just wait until the merger is complete and then if I don't receive info from the new US I will call.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 2:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
I got it as a Silver.

Perhaps this is a growing pain ....
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:34 pm

Exclamation Important!

Before you start whining and complaining that you didnt get your email log into you DM account and make sure that yes is checked by all 4 email options! I personally know at least 10 folks who forgot to do that.

:-: :-: :-: :-: :-: for all you forgot to make your changes, shows how careful you are!
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:43 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
All four have been checked and re-checked when I changed e-mail addresses recently.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
All four have been checked and re-checked when I changed e-mail addresses recently.

I only have 3 checked.... I don't care about the Golf Program.
Old Sep 20, 2005, 7:20 pm

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by dukeman
I only have 3 checked.... I don't care about the Golf Program.

Could be a standard-ish glitch. Have you tried unchecking, saving, rechecking and save again? I'm another lowly Silver that did receive this email. HTH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.