Wiki Posts
Search

What is the US equivalent of UA SWU?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
What is the US equivalent of UA SWU?

I'm thinking of taking advantage of some cheap US int'l fares, but don't want to fly coach. I have plenty of UA SWUs. Is there an equivalent for US?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 6:29 pm

US has Space Available (SA) and Space Positive (SP) upgrades for transatlantic flights, however, I have not seen any system wide upgrades like those issued by UA. If I recall correctly, the SA upgrades cannot be confirmed before booking, and, unless you have status, you generally cannot request an upgrade until two hours before a flight -- the SA can be used on most purchased tickets (though I have heard of some rare refusals for use with the really cheap internet fares). As for the SP upgrades, they can be confirmed prior to the flight, but can only be used on a limited number of fares. You may be able to get greater detail in the US forum.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:24 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this is not an offer/request for a coupon/cert/miles/awards exchange, but is rather a request for information I am moving to the US forum.

cblaisd
Moderator, Coupon Connection
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

The UA SWUs are valid on fares down to W, which is a few ticks above the usual e-fare. Not sure what the equivalent is on US but it appears the PS is what I'm looking for.

Are the US fares approximately the same for SP as the SWU W fares?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:50 pm

Are the US fares approximately the same for SP as the SWU W fares?[/QUOTE]

The Transatlantic Space Positive upgrades are typically only good on full fare tickets (booking class Y or B -- therefore priced higher compared to UA W fares).
Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

It looks like there is no equivalent of the SWU on US. Either the odds of getting upgraded are low with an SA or the fare is too high with an SP.

Guess I'll look elsewhere.

Thanks to all for the help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.