Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US DM members getting E+ EXIT ROWS on UA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Question US DM members getting E+ EXIT ROWS on UA?

Sorry folks if this has been covered 1,284 times before, but I can't find the answer on a search nor is it in the stickies above.

Just wondering what the official UA policy is for US DM elites in UA metal exit rows? Are they pre-assignable or not??

I have been under the impression that they are held for super elite UA MP members, and always book another E+ seat and no big deal. However, I am on an upcoming transcon on UA and it will make a big difference! On both legs all seats in exit rows remain wide open according to real time seat maps.

Please share your wisdom/tips.

THANKS
Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
UA Premier Executives and 1Ks get exit rows, UA premiers do not

US Golds and Chairmans get exit rows, US Silvers (equivalent to UA premiers) do not.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Be sure your DM number is already in your reservation and then call UA for seat assignments.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 9:48 am

Programs: US lowlife
max 1 non-status companion.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
UA Premier Executives and 1Ks get exit rows, UA premiers do not

US Golds and Chairmans get exit rows, US Silvers (equivalent to UA premiers) do not.

Neo -- Just to be clear on this...... you're stating that on UA metal, ONLY UA MP Execs and 1Ks can prebook exits. On US metal, only DM US1s and US2s.

There, then, is NO WAY for a US2 (me) to prebook exit row seating on UA metal?
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:48 pm

Let me try to make this clearer

The following elites CAN pre-book exit row on flights operated by United Airlines:

1.) USAirways Chairman's Preferred

2.) USAirways Gold Preferred

3.) United Airlines Premier Executive 100K

4.) United Airlines Premier Executive

5.) Other assorted Star Gold Members

The following elites CANNOT pre-book exit row on flights operated by United Airlines

1.) United Airlines Premier

2.) USAirways Silver Preferred

3.) Other assorted Star Silver Members

On flights operated by USAirways, ALL USAirways elites may pre-book exit row seats. And AFAIK all UA elites can pre-book exit row seats on flights operated by USAirways. But I have not had to try this as a UA premier.

Originally Posted by sbtinme
Neo -- Just to be clear on this...... you're stating that on UA metal, ONLY UA MP Execs and 1Ks can prebook exits. On US metal, only DM US1s and US2s.

There, then, is NO WAY for a US2 (me) to prebook exit row seating on UA metal?
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
And AFAIK all UA elites can pre-book exit row seats on flights operated by USAirways. But I have not had to try this as a UA premier.
This is correct. I booked exit rows on upcoming US flights as a UA 2P.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
That said, I've had a hell of a time recently getting exit rows on UA. It might be because I'm booking most flights 7-14 days out, but as a US GP I'm usually just happy to get my window in E+!
Old Apr 26, 2005, 6:18 am
Original Poster

I've had the same experience as Noah as a US2. (Thus the reason for my OP here.)

I have been told probably 85% or more of the time by UA res agents that their system blocks them from placing me in an exit row. Even when my US DM# is in the record and they can see it, they are still unable to reserve an exit seat for me, period.

So, in those cases, I ask them to work with a supervisor to open the seats up. This has always worked for me, but it takes a very long 10 minutes or so from start to finish.

What's with that?!?!? If others are not having this issue, I'd love to know what you are doing differently. This has happened to me most of the time when I've had UA flights and most of the time I just take any old E+ seat since it's not been worth my time to persue.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
The last time I booked a flight on UA I was told by their res agent that exit row seats are blocked and are not released in their system until 7 days prior to departure regardless of status. Was I misinformed?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:28 am

Yes. Call back again.

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
The last time I booked a flight on UA I was told by their res agent that exit row seats are blocked and are not released in their system until 7 days prior to departure regardless of status. Was I misinformed?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Yup - As a 1K I can choose them online when I book my flight
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:34 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Bulkhead vs. Exit Row

On a somewhat related note, I've had zero trouble booking E+ bulkheads the last two weeks on transcons as a US3. Not sure if that's because the tix were full-fare last minute though. Would I have likely met with some success getting exit rows?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
I have had similar results as a GP as I have never been able to get exit row seats in advance on UA.

I am able to check availability as my Dad is a 1K, I then call and the CSR's tell me that they are sold out.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.