Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways Dividend Miles (Pre-2005 America West merger)
Reload this Page >

Would US give miles for the LEB/ART $2 Fares without flying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones

I am just wondering if anyone has approached US CS about them just giving the mileage that would accrue to get their seats back and resell them. I have 4 FC RT's and it seems that they could use the FC seats SFO-PIT either to sell or make a CP or GP member happy. Any toughts?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
There was recently a thread about the very same question, try a search. The consensus was a resounding NO.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:44 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
No.

Enjoy your time on the Beech!
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:48 pm
Suspended

It would make sense to them. Keep the cash for tickets, distribute miles, re sell seats. WIN WIN WIN,

But I fear getting a large corporation to turn a loss into a profit these days is difficult. Hard for them to know they are in a box, let alone think outside it.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 3:09 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
The Search Feature is back....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422774
Old Apr 27, 2005, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
No its pretty smart actually, it is obvious that more than a few of the folks that scooped up these tickets really have no intent of flying on the tickets they bought. . .maybe I am just busy these days, but four RT tickets sounds like a huge time sink when you could be doing something else. So why would US give miles and create another liability for themselves? Because I am betting that quite a few of these tickets go unused anyway
Old Apr 27, 2005, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum & D2, US SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
I am just wondering if anyone has approached US CS about them just giving the mileage that would accrue to get their seats back and resell them. I have 4 FC RT's and it seems that they could use the FC seats SFO-PIT either to sell or make a CP or GP member happy. Any toughts?
If I were US I would redeploy a combination of B-1900 and DASH 8's and make all these people fly transcon in hopscotch fashion across the country.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by Miami_Flyer
If I were US I would redeploy a combination of B-1900 and DASH 8's and make all these people fly transcon in hopscotch fashion across the country.
LOL "Watertown shuttle now boarding! Yes, we'll get you from PHL to LAS, but the equipment has been downgraded to a Beechcraft. Due to the equipment change we've had to change your itinerary (yeah, we can do that) to do fuel stops at wonderful cities that make Watertown look like a metropolis"
Old Apr 27, 2005, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by pitflyer
Thanks, I needed that.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:06 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
If people intend to cash in the miles earned for free tickets, then US's incentive is reduced to give miles without actually flying as that could cost US some revenue.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:35 am

As posted by pitflyer - this topic has already been discussed.

Please follow the conversation at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422774

Let's try to keep all of the information together...it will make it easier if we ever need to come back & reference it!

Thanks,
Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.