Community
Wiki Posts
Search

50,000 mile award tickets: coach one way, first the other?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
50,000 mile award tickets: coach one way, first the other?

I'm booking an award ticket, and a 50,000 mile first class seat is available on the outbound flight I want but not the inbound flight (only on a much later flight); a 50,000 mile premium coach award seat is available on both flights, so I'm booking a premium coach award. Would US Airways allow me to book a first class seat on the outbound and a coach seat on the inbound, as both would cost 50,000 miles?

I'm assuming that I could also book a first class ticket and just standby for the earlier inbound flight. Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I'm booking an award ticket, and a 50,000 mile first class seat is available on the outbound flight I want but not the inbound flight (only on a much later flight); a 50,000 mile premium coach award seat is available on both flights, so I'm booking a premium coach award. Would US Airways allow me to book a first class seat on the outbound and a coach seat on the inbound, as both would cost 50,000 miles?

I'm assuming that I could also book a first class ticket and just standby for the earlier inbound flight. Thanks for any advice.
If you are a preferred member a premium coach award books into Y which is immediately upgradeable using e-upgrades (which are unlimited for preferred members). The upgrade will come from the "P" bucket and not the "E" bucket. Check ITN for P availablity and then simply book the premium coach award -- a much better option for preferred members.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:00 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Originally Posted by NYCommuter

NOT US. Only CO & NW have that awesome rule of split-level awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.