Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me to understand U....(US that is)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Question Help me to understand U....(US that is)

Can you guys help me understand US' fleet usage.

For instance, where does it fly the 767's, and 757's(I've never seen US 757's out west)?
Do the A330's only fly from PHL to Europe, or are there any CLT departures?
Are there any domestic A330 transitioning flights similiar to AA's 777 flights?
Old Apr 26, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO

For instance, where does it fly the 767's, and 757's(I've never seen US 757's out west)?
The 757 are used for the Vegas run from Charlotte and Philly and I think PIT. Otherwise, they are used for Caribbean routes.

They used to be used on the LAX run until they obliterated the 1st Class section.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 1:50 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Originally Posted by sassamanlaw
The 757 are used for the Vegas run from Charlotte and Philly and I think PIT. Otherwise, they are used for Caribbean routes.

They used to be used on the LAX run until they obliterated the 1st Class section.
Well, theoretically they are used for leisure runs like LAS, MCO, and the Caribbean.... but lately they are being flown on other routes as well:
PIT-CLT
CLT-BOS
PHL-CLT
PHL-PIT
PHL-BDL
CLT-PVD
CLT-BDL
PHL-BOS
etc.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
767: SJU/STT/PIT/SXM/PHL/CLT/CUN/AMS/MUC/FRA(1)/MAD/CDG/GLA/DUB/SNN/VCE/BCN

757:LAS, PHL, PIT, CLT, BOS, PVD, BWI, BDL, MCO, FLL, TPA, RSW, JAX, PBI

757's stopped going west after 9/11. That was also the same time the 757 stopped going to DCA.

330'S
PHL-LGW, FRA, MAN, CDG(seasonally), MAD(seasonally), FCO, SJU

CLT-LGW, FRA

Last edited by sfeinberg; Apr 26, 2005 at 2:03 pm
Old Apr 26, 2005, 6:11 pm

The last 757 trip to the West Coast, ex-LAS, was January 4, 2004 from LAX-PHL. They used to be the mainstay of transcon service, but were reconfigured for low yield leiasure destinations like Florida, Vegas, Mexico and the Caribbean. SEA, SFO, LAX, SAN, DEN are all Airbus.

757's are once again allowed back into DCA. Don't know if any are on the schedule. The largest plane US flies into PBI is an occasional 321, but other than that it's all 400's.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum

Do the A330's only fly from PHL to Europe, or are there any CLT departures?
Are there any domestic A330 transitioning flights similiar to AA's 777 flights?

767's used to go out west, too, but that service was stopped. I don't know if it was a 9/11 thing or not.

As of now, there are no 757's flying into DCA.

As you may have heard, all US 757's have been configured to F8, allowing more room for coach seats. As someone else mentioned, theoretically they should be flown on high-volume, low-yield leisure routes like ones in the Carribean.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Red face I wanna try Envoy for cheap.

So there are absolutely no A330 transitioning flights between PHL and CLT? I have to go to PHL later this year and was hoping to try Envoy on the A330 if they had some domestic flights.

If this merger goes through(which I hope it doesn't) I wonder if HP will use the 767's to vegas.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 7:51 pm

Programs: United Gold
re: transitioning flights, I think US generally does transitions at PHL and also at the common European airports flown from CLT and PHL, i.e., FRA and LGW.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
So there are absolutely no A330 transitioning flights between PHL and CLT? I have to go to PHL later this year and was hoping to try Envoy on the A330 if they had some domestic flights.

If this merger goes through(which I hope it doesn't) I wonder if HP will use the 767's to vegas.

Even if US transitions the A-330 between PHL and CLT, which I don't think they do, they wouldn't offer Envoy level service on the flight, just basic old domestic F. I have flown PHL-CLT on a 767 and aside from more leg room and better pitch, the F service is the same as any domestic flight and the planes just as dirty.

As for widebody service on transcon, US really doesn't have enough widebodies for that given their expansion in Europe. The only reason they have enough planes for the new seasonal service to BCN and VCE is becuase of the loss of European service out of PIT.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Don't need a meal just a big seat.

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Even if US transitions the A-330 between PHL and CLT, which I don't think they do, they wouldn't offer Envoy level service on the flight, just basic old domestic F.
Yeah, I know. It's more about just trying out their seats. I've done MIA-DFW-LAX on AA 777 trasition flights. The service was domestic F, but I was more interested in the suites.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yeah, I know. It's more about just trying out their seats. I've done MIA-DFW-LAX on AA 777 trasition flights. The service was domestic F, but I was more interested in the suites.
I've done that on AA (hard to do if you are anything less than AAdvantage Platinum). It was heaven...pure heaven. It makes going back to any other type of F seat miserable. My favorite part was swinging the seat around to face out the window the entire time.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:06 pm

US Airways' widebody schedule for May:
http://www.usairwayscargo.com/cargo/...ings_05_05.xls

taken from:
http://www.usairwayscargo.com/cargo/...timetables.htm
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Wink

Well it sounds as though I won't get to try the A330 seats on domestic flights.

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
(hard to do if you are anything less than AAdvantage Platinum).
Actually, since it's a three class plane sold as two class anyone with enough miles should be able to upgrade into the F suites.

The funny thing about that flight is that most Y pax don't realize that they can sit in the J seats. They all just go right back to Y and stay there even if there are empty seats in the J cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.