Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade on US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2005, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Upgrade on US Airways

I am planning to buy some US space available upgrades for transatlantic, that are valid with any ticket.
Two questions:
1) How high are chances to get upgraded from eco into business in may? EUrope-US and back
2) Are they available for award tickets?

Thanks for yoru advice.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 4:28 am

Programs: LH FTL, AmEx PC
Red face ... depends on your status

Originally Posted by pwitzel
I am planning to buy some US space available upgrades for transatlantic, that are valid with any ticket.
Two questions:
1) How high are chances to get upgraded from eco into business in may? EUrope-US and back
2) Are they available for award tickets?

Thanks for yoru advice.
Hello,

so first ... they aren't available for award tickets ... you can book an award tiket with more miles for Enboy (may be 80,000 miles!?) ... may ...

The chance to get an upgrade depends

1. Status First CPs, then Gold, then Silver and Basic
2. Time of Check-In
3. Have luck that Envoy isn't full

To calculate your chances ... hm ... difficult ... it's easier to get an upgrade in autumn (October, November) ...

Goki
Old Apr 8, 2005, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
What if you're a Premier Exec?

....where do we fall in the lineup for upgrades? I have a DM account but I am only a GM.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Upgrade Success

Two of us Flyertalk folks have been developing a website that will contain a database of upgrade success on the major airlines (including US Air), with a variety of inputs, including elite status, fare class, date, time, upgrade method and timing, etc.

We hope to have it launched within the next week. When it is up and running, we'd be very appreciative of your suggestions to improve the site. Of course, the website will only be as good as the amount of upgrade info submitted from you. We hope to make retreiving and submitting upgrade success (or lack of) an easy and quick process.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 5:19 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Exclamation

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Two of us Flyertalk folks have been developing a website that will contain a database of upgrade success on the major airlines (including US Air), with a variety of inputs, including elite status, fare class, date, time, upgrade method and timing, etc.

We hope to have it launched within the next week. When it is up and running, we'd be very appreciative of your suggestions to improve the site. Of course, the website will only be as good as the amount of upgrade info submitted from you. We hope to make retreiving and submitting upgrade success (or lack of) an easy and quick process.
This is quite an interesting concept and I look forward to seeing it. I'm wondering, however, if your methodology will include when employees go out of their way to clear an upgrade. For example, as a CP, some agents (you just have to keep calling back unti you get one) will put you on hold and call inventory control to clear an international upgrade while others will simply tell you that you haven't cleared. For US CPs, the x-factor is personnel, a little tricky to calculate in a grid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.