Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer from daughter?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Transfer from daughter?

I am new here so please bear with me. My husband & I would like to see my daughter run in a national race but cash is a little tight & we almost have the points but just shy. Is there a way she can gift her's to one of us? She is 14 and has plenty of mileage ahead of her, besides I paid for her mileage!
Please?
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Could you buy the miles you need? That's not very expensive if you're close.

Is the race coming up right now? Or could you try to drum up some more miles by switching to sprint, using a partner hotel, idine, etc?

I don't think they'll let you do that....they're not too concerned about where the payment comes from, just who holds the seat down. Sorry.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:34 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Miles are not transferrable.
http://www.usairways.com/dividendmil...les.htm#awards

If you are just short, you can buy miles for 3.5 cents per mile with a 1000 mile minimum and a $25 fee on top of that up to a total of 15000 miles per year.

Unless something has changed, your daughter should be able to book an award for you using miles in her account.

Welcome to FT!
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:39 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
If you'd pay a minimum of $60 for a minimum of 1000 miles, then just getting a Bank of America Dividend Miles Visa card would be not much more for the annual fee (perhaps the same) and you'd get a lot more miles with the first purchase.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:30 am
Original Poster

I have until the end of Setember so I guess I will just "drum them up along the way" Just wish there was a way to use them all. Three kids works out to be a few races that we can get free tickets for.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:50 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Unfortunately, just because you have the points does not mean you will be able to redeem them for a seat. The only sure way is to use the premium award, anything else is a crap shoot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.