Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does US Status Match with UA???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Does US Status Match with UA???

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I took advantage of the $2 fares between MCI-LEB and wondered if US will match status with UA. I am a Premier member of the FF program.

I know that as a Silver Preferred with US they offer unlimited upgrades based on availabity and I wanted to take advantage of that if possible.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not usually, as a rule they don't poach elites from other *A members.

You could do it very indirectly, get NW or someone to comp you status on their program and then get US to comp you status based upon your status with a non *A carrier.

I don't think its worth all that trouble just for a 1x seat in F on US.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec PLT; Marriott PLAT
Has anyone had success getting a comp indirectly? I thought you had to fax in a statement so the matching airline could see your flying history before granting it.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Howabout Alaska Ailrlines

Originally Posted by MCI777
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I took advantage of the $2 fares between MCI-LEB and wondered if US will match status with UA. I am a Premier member of the FF program.

I know that as a Silver Preferred with US they offer unlimited upgrades based on availabity and I wanted to take advantage of that if possible.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Will they Comp ALaska Status?

How long does it take to get completed?

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I was and still am a United Premier. US gave me status match last fall. In fact it was done quite quickly, 2-3 days from the time I faxed my statement to them.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Good for US. I don't think they have much to loose by comping UA Premiers (there are so many more of them) as opposed to UA comping the US Elites..
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:00 am

Programs: DL-SM / SPG - Gold
I was also comped from united premier to US... I had to Fax a recent statement but it took several weeks...
Old Apr 26, 2005, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat
get an exit row and save your comps. the boxed lunch isn't THAT big a deal.
Old May 9, 2005, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I end up on a LOT of US metal

Where do you fax to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.