Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preferreds who no longer fly US

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 5:23 pm

Programs: US1
I am in the minority for sure. Still flying with US Airways and will continue to do so. I am hanging in there.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum HH Gold
I am still flying US as well. Already cleared Chairman's for 2007 and have flights from dca to lax, lgw and phx in the next few weeks. 100% upgrades this year, so I will fly them as long as they are in the air.

I don't, however, keep any miles in my account. Those get used as soon as I earn an award.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
CP to 2007 here and I'm still flying, too, except mid- and transcons. I'll go as far as ORD or the mid-west and to Europe on them (but only on the A330, of course!). That said, I have chosen UA a few times for local routes because the price had been hundreds of dollars in savings. I generally like at least 150,000 kept in the DM bank.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
With trips currently booked, I will requalify for CP in mid-June. I still book on US (or a code share crediting to US) whenever possible, including taking connections or less desirable times when necessary. Lately this often means flying out of EWR instead of my preferred LGA due to large fare differences. For instance, this week I am going EWR-CLT-IAH (same on return) instead of the quite frequent CO EWR-IAH. On a 3 day advance ticket, CO wanted less than $200 more for the direct flight, which my company would have had no problem paying. Yet, I stick it out on US...even if it means carrying my own bottle of 409 on board

As for my DM bank comfort level, I'm happiest when I've got enough in there for 2 F seats to Australia on Qantas (just in case I find someone mileworthy to accompany me!!! )
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by shell nyc
As for my DM bank comfort level, I'm happiest when I've got enough in there for 2 F seats to Australia on Qantas (just in case I find someone mileworthy to accompany me!!! )
Sweetheart, all you have to do is ask.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:42 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by shell nyc
Hey, l4pi... I thought she was taking me down under.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.