Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lost luggage on usair

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

lost luggage on usair

My husband and I flew from las to ilm on 3/28. Upon checking luggage at the ticket counter in las (3 suitcases), we received someone else's luggage receipt for one of our bags. We did not notice this until we were at ilm and filed a missing luggage report, because that bag was sent to bos via phl instead of ilm via clt. I have spent many hours on the phone and time at ilm trying to get this luggage traced. I think it was delivered to the person whose name was on the luggage receipt - he also filed a missing luggage report in bos. it is now 3/31 and they can only tell me they are still looking. does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?
Old Mar 31, 2005, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Pray.....Seriously though, they should find your luggage soon. There is nothing really you can do besides wait. Good luck! Welcome to FT and Wilmington!
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:42 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
cmoq --

assuming that your lost luggage all had good identification on the outside, it'll find its way to you at some point.

Something you should know: even those of us who fly USAirways very very often have not connected with our bags all too often these days on the other end of a trip. Even for us, it often takes many days (3 to 4) for the bags to worm their way eventually to us. There are significant issues at play here, not the least of which is a transition of this airline's baggage incident staff from the US to Central America.

My advice: stay cool and be patient. You'll get your bags. And, if ILM is not your home, then by all means you need to be saving every receipt for anything you buy to replace what US did not deliver to you. (toothbrush, socks, deoderant, even clothes, etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.