Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Old (Purchased) US Upgrade Certs. Still Good?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Are Old (Purchased) US Upgrade Certs. Still Good?

Hello,

I know that this topic has been discussed before on this page but I could not remember if there was any 'official' US policy statement on this. I have seven of the purchased 800-mile segment US upgrade certificates from the mid-1990s. These were available for purchase for $300 for a book of eleven, they do not have any expiration dates.

As long as I was Preferred (Gold or Silver until 2005) with 'unlimited' e-upgrades, I did not use them. Now I am flying without US status and I wondered if anyone could recall any information (hopefully official US policy) about their being good if space is available.

I do have the Bank of America Signature VISA card and have a late Friday (in a week or two) evening flight from CLT to ORF where first class is 'wide' open at this time.

Thanks for any information,

Va.SquireFlyer
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:51 pm

Yes they are still valid. I used my last one about 3 years ago.

You will still be in the upgrade queue behind all elites. Friday night flights are difficult and you can tell very little about availability a few weeks out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.