Wiki Posts
Search

Stand by fees

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E
Stand by fees

Quick question - I purchased UA ticket with flights operated by US. What are the stand by rules? Do I need to purchase $25 stand-by vouchers? Does status matter? I am PremEx with UA.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:19 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Shouldn't be any standby fees since it's a UA ticket (at least last time I flew on a UA ticket). In case the ticket agent tries to make you pay a standby fee, if there's a way of taking a copy of the fare rules to the airport, I'd do that.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I think I've done this once before (sometime last Fall) and didn't have to pay the fee, but I don't recall when US started charging.

I'm in the same boat in a week; stupid United.com barfed on a LGA connection to US Express (it was very unhappy I had a 45-minute one in, which even with the bus between UA and US has worked fine in the past for me). So I had to push it back 2 1/2 hours for the next flight... so obviously I will want to stand by for the earlier US Express flight, and am on a 016 ticket stock using UA fare rules (for WAS-ORF)... got my fingers crossed that they won't try to collect the fee.

Now if only I can get United.com to show me the fare rules, or Expedia to quit truncating the part about standby travel, to print out for the US staff at LGA...
Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E
Thanks for your help. I printed out the fare rules and it states clearly that no fees apply for stand by on the same day. I will make sure I take them with me. Once again thanks for your help.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
US only charges the $25 standby fee on tickets issued by US Airways. All United tickets for US metal flights allow free standby.

Even on a US-issued ticket (ticket number begins with "037") gate agents at some airports don't always bother to collect the standby fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.