Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Transcon F Meal Service Improved this week?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Nothing posted here makes me miss transcons on US.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HereOrThere
I don't really see the attraction of eating off of china and having metal silverware. If I could just get one thing back, I'd probably pick the sundae cart over glassware or having a metal fork.

I switched all of my transcon service from US to AA because they manage to serve me on china, use glassware, pass out warm nuts (my favorite) and still slip an ice cream sundae in during dinner flights. Since F upgrades on US are free and AA charges $25 per 500-mile segment I guess I can't complain about US but to me it's worth it when you travel transcon a lot to pay for a nicer F experience. I would never pay for a seat in F on US when I can pay the same amount to AA (or UA for that matter) and get my warm nuts and glassware.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 7:39 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Precisely the reason I've got an upcoming flight in paid F(fare basis QUAUP) on UA instead of US. PHL-LAX RT was $1220, refundable with 1 week advance purchase. And I know the F experience will be far better than what I'd get on US in paid F.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by HereOrThere
I've generally found IFC better quality than the hot meals. It's certainly better than that time period they decided to experiment with soup...
The quality is decent, but I'm just not sure that it's enough food for a full F dinner. I had the salad yesterday and thought that it would have made a good appetizer, not entree.

Interesting how the FA called them "gourment meals" on the annoucements for the Y passengers whereas it was referred to as a snack for those of us in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.