Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Transcon F Meal Service Improved this week?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:30 pm

Programs: US1, NW, AA, SPG...
Well I have to say that I don't think Delta's policy is unreasonable. And kudos to them for having the guts to actually tell their frequent flyers about the policy and the change... unlike the gutless "leaders" at USAir, which leaves it to already embattled flight attendants to inform pax that a soggy chicken sandwich and a waxy "cookie" is now the definition of "dinner" in first class.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bigred93
Well I have to say that I don't think Delta's policy is unreasonable. And kudos to them for having the guts to actually tell their frequent flyers about the policy and the change... unlike the gutless "leaders" at USAir, which leaves it to already embattled flight attendants to inform pax that a soggy chicken sandwich and a waxy "cookie" is now the definition of "dinner" in first class.
Anyone know if there is any kind of "snack" service (beyond the equivalent of a snack basket) on sub 3 1/2 hour flights on DL?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:09 pm

The Silver Lining to the Crappy Meal!!!

Next time you get a "Crappy Meal" remember to remove the reciept from the box. When you submit your expense report you get $7.00 for the disaster. Bluntly put your employer pays for your "crappy Meal" even though you don't.

Do 20 Trans-cons a year R/T @ $7.00 each way and you can pay for your club membership. Plus you can wash it down with a good scotch. All of which is better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:20 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
$7? Please, you can do better than that. With the advent of e-tickets, you can buy a $198 ticket, doctor it, and expense $950.

Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:53 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by PineyBob
Next time you get a "Crappy Meal" remember to remove the reciept from the box. When you submit your expense report you get $7.00 for the disaster. Bluntly put your employer pays for your "crappy Meal" even though you don't.

Do 20 Trans-cons a year R/T @ $7.00 each way and you can pay for your club membership. Plus you can wash it down with a good scotch. All of which is better than a sharp stick in the eye.
And, grab yourself a copy of your company's Sarbox complianece stuff, and have a ball! Or the ethics policy...
Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:53 am

with a $50.00 per diem for meals and an employee who spends between 60 & 80 percent of that amount who notices? And how do you prove it? company buys a coach ticket.

Is it 100% ethical? Of course not! Was it an attempt to be funny and point something out? Yes!

Besides I have a little side deal going and I collect the reciepts for that reason.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:48 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
If you have a per diem, you don't turn in any receipts. You can expense a $50 per diem and spend nothing in reality, and pocket all $50 if you want. Tax-free, too.

However, if expense $7 with a receipt that you didn't pay $7 for, you are stealing $7 from your employer.

No, $7 is not big, but you yourself stated that if you do this on every flight, it will add up. Not a good idea if you ask me.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 11:12 pm

It's actually a Meal allowance. Point taken JS, Like I said I collect them for my side business.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 10:03 pm

Hot Breakfast from San Diego!

Yesterday morning (6:15 am) SAN - PHL had hot food in First! Granted, not what it used to be, but just before boarding, a cart was brought on by the terminal "restaurant" and once airborne, we were served with a fruit cup and a hot egg and cheese bagel, or one with your choice of sausage or bacon. The F/A apologized for the presentation but the meal seemed to satisfy everyone. They even had a few extra which were provided to those who asked.

Tuesday I take a supper flight home. My fingers are crossed, but I will have something stored away just in case.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 9:59 am
JSD

Programs: QF P1/LTG; AA 1MM; UA 1MM
Box-o-meal on PIT-SFO Friday and SFO-PIT Monday. Choice of "BLT salad" or "Deli sandwich". Both came with a tasty cookie. The FAs were wonderful in both directions and very apologetic about the lack of proper meal service in First.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JSD
Box-o-meal on PIT-SFO Friday and SFO-PIT Monday. Choice of "BLT salad" or "Deli sandwich". Both came with a tasty cookie. The FAs were wonderful in both directions and very apologetic about the lack of proper meal service in First.
did they have any explaination as to when it would be restored?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Update?

Originally Posted by JAX Flier

Tuesday I take a supper flight home. My fingers are crossed, but I will have something stored away just in case.
Please do post your PHL-SAN FC meal service. Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
CLT-LAX yesterday: happy meals in F. At least the choices are a bit different than last month (but still mediocre in taste).

I think there's an airport-wide catering problem at SAN; the food problems there have affected AA flights as well (cereal and a banana is all you get in F on a 5-hour flight from SAN to JFK, unlike AA's normally excellent transcon F food). That's probably why there was an impromptu hot breakfast out of SAN on US...no regular catering. Going to SAN your choices should be the standard In-Flight Cafe offerings.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 6:55 pm

Programs: US1, NW, AA, SPG...
Originally Posted by sts603
did they have any explaination as to when it would be restored?
Quote from an email from CA (rec'vd today, a while after the fact...)

"At this time, there is not a specific time if and when First Class meals will
return to normal. I regret our decision to offer In-flight Cafe is not
appealing to you. Your comments have been reported to our Dining Director for future consideration."

Or, as Sponge Bob would say, "good luck with that!"
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by bigred93
"I regret our decision to offer In-flight Cafe is not
appealing to you."
The way this is written implies that they expected that their "decision to offer In-flight Cafe" would be "appealing" to us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.