Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How can I book award travel on US today?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

How can I book award travel on US today?

Help! I have been trying for 3 days now to reach someone at US to book a ticket using US miles that would be partly on UA metal. I have also tried to book it through both US and UA websites and automated lines with no success. Every time I call US reservations and go through all the menus to partner award travel, I get a mesage that all representatives are busy and then the system just hangs up. I need to travel on January 2 or 3. I am frustrated in that I cannot reach or talk to ANYONE at all at US. I am not normally a US traveller and have no status. I am trying to get to EWN and they are the only ones who fly there so that is why I am trying to use them. Paid ticket is around $1000 for US/UA mixed itinerary and I won't go if I have to pay that.

I could use DL or other miles and fly to RDU and then rent car and drive 3 hours, so maybe I will do that but I don't really want to drive. If anyone knows a way to actually talk to a human at US about this and get an award ticket, I'd be deeply grateful! I would even consider going to the airport tonight to do it if i can do it there. I'll be in TUS tonight.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT
It's doubtful that anything except a premium award would be left (40,000 miles), but you should be able to book it all from the website if there are seats available if you're only using the US/UA combo. Same thing with UA miles on their site. It's not really considered "partner" travel in the same way that a Star Alliance or other Partners would be. United flights have US flight numbers and vice versa, which isn't the case with other partners.

If all else fails, keep dialing 0 when getting through to the main res line rather than go through prompts.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 1:37 pm

I believe that the 40,000 mile coach award are only available to preferred members.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

I tried booking on the websites, no luck. Will try the hitting zero for operator strategy now. Thanks for the advice and if anyone else has any, I'll appreciate it.

Stef
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:16 pm

You can't book award travel that involves UA metal on the website.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Exclamation Good luck.

I'm no US DM expert, but something tells me that getting an award this close to the 2nd will be extremely tough.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

I took Sox advice, got a human, and found no awards or even seats for sale. Thanks everybody!

Stef
Old Dec 30, 2004, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
FYI,

I was just able to book 2 tix on US for 01-10-05 return 01-14-05 at 30k each.

PWM-GCM ........(business meeting)

It can be done this close.

Tasnam
Old Dec 30, 2004, 7:24 pm

Remember, January 1 & 2, 2005 are blackout dates.

If you are not a Preferred Member, blackout dates of January 1 & 2, 2005 will apply.

See: http://www.usair.com/dividendmiles/m...kout_dates.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.