Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Even Al Michaels pokes fun at US

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Even Al Michaels pokes fun at US

From Monday Night Football: "Koy Detmer travels with the clothes on his back, his playbook, and a toothbrush, period. [...] I'll tell you one thing, US Airways will never lose his luggage, because he's never checked any luggage."
Old Dec 27, 2004, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, WN
Al Michaels

I had to laugh at that one too.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 9:40 pm

Programs: United 1K
Yes, Al Michaels is very topical.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 9:56 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Simply amazing. I had to ask someone else to verify that US just got called out on MNF...

-JC
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:01 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Well at least with US, you would have made it to your destination even if your luggage didn't. However if you flew ComAir this weekend.....
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:21 pm

I wonder if Al's comments will decrease US' bookings???

Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:32 pm
Suspended

I'm afraid this concerns my worst fears. The last thing U needs as they fight for survival is to be perceived as a national joke. Things like this influence the creditors when they make the decision whether or not to pull the plug. THings will be really bad if U makes it into the Letterman/Leno monologues. I am starting to get worried. Really worried.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by www.iflyswa.com
THings will be really bad if U makes it into the Letterman/Leno monologues. I am starting to get worried. Really worried.
I know, it really frights me too. I've given up on typical news programs and stick to late-night comedy shows and tabloid newspapers. They tell me the REAL truth, without any of this 'spin'.

As a side note, do you believe in Aliens?

-J
Old Dec 28, 2004, 6:08 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by idealflyer
Well at least with US, you would have made it to your destination even if your luggage didn't. However if you flew ComAir this weekend.....
Not true according the WSJ account written by Scott McCartney on Dec. 28 as quoted below:

"In all, US Airways says it canceled more than 350 flights on Friday, Saturday and Sunday because of sick calls. Thousands of bags were mishandled, piling up at airports. A spokesman for Philadelphia International Airport says stranded customers were sleeping in terminals from Thursday night through Sunday night, and bags were still sitting at US Airways yesterday."
Old Dec 28, 2004, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by idealflyer
At least with Comair, you had a glimmer of hope that you might get re-accomodated on DL if your Comair flight was cancelled. Was US re--accomodating pax on other airlines when its employees failed to fulfill their commitment to come to work causing cancelled flights....?

Or were flights cancelled because some pilots had to fly baggage only flights out of that disaster area in PHL...?
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by chicagorich
At least with Comair, you had a glimmer of hope that you might get re-accomodated on DL if your Comair flight was cancelled.
While you may have been re-accomodated on DL from Comair, if you weren't, Delta was not very helpful. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...1&page=1&pp=15
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Im a little unclear about something. I know the terms here require that we not call each other names and such and that is a good thing, although I personally dont care if anyone calls me a name. But does that apply to people who arent here and are public figures. Oh, say someone like Al Michaels? Would it be problematic, given his non-participation here and his public status to say what I felt about him; even if it was not particularly kind? For instance, could I say that in my opinion Al Michaels is an opportunistic, crypto-fascist, self important, reactionary, half-wit, bag of hot air? Curious about this, but from my understanding I dont think the rules apply descriptions of him. Would it matter if I had this opinion of him prior to these remarks about US Air?

Last edited by GadgetFreak; Dec 28, 2004 at 8:50 am
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:52 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
is an opportunistic, crypto-fascist, self important, reactionary, half-wit, bag of hot air?
I'm not sure, but I do support any use of the term "crypto-fascist."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.