Search

legal action

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 5:38 pm
njd
Original Poster

Programs: us airways ,delta
legal action

I wonder if the passengers that their holiday was destroyed by the roothless behaviour of the flight attendants can take legal action against the airline for the time lost, aggrevation,expenses and so forth.
It seemed that the intention of the airline employees was to hurt us , the customers.
Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2004, 5:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by njd
I wonder if the passengers that their holiday was destroyed by the roothless behaviour of the flight attendants can take legal action against the airline for the time lost, aggrevation,expenses and so forth.
It seemed that the intention of the airline employees was to hurt us , the customers.
Thanks
Welcome to FT! Interesting first post. . .
Old Dec 27, 2004, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by njd
Thanks
No.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 6:49 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I would venture to say that the reason employees called in sick was due to feelings of betrayal and their resulting bitterness is directed toward the company. The customers were just innocent bystanders.

Regarding legal action, I think you would get more blood out of the proverbial turnip. This dog is dead. While tickets purchased within 60 days on US will be honored (by somebody by law), one may have to jump through hoops to use them. Plan on seeing more apathy on the part of employees between now and the final demise of US. US is nearing the end of this self fulfilling prophecy. No one in their right mind will fly US now. The last hurrah was the Christmas season. I don't know of any business travelers hanging on to this allegiance. Even my boss, a longtime US devotee, has abandoned this ship. Denial is not a river in Egypt.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:48 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, Intercontinental Platinum
There are plenty of lawyers out there with nothing more to do than file law suits like this. When the dust settles, expect dozens of suits to be filed against US Airways for the Christmas fiasco.

Of course no compensation will be given (maybe a free travel certificate at best), so the whole event will be useless!
Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:58 pm

Programs: Everyone!
Well, I didn't experience the disaster this weekend, but I still plan on flying US when I can.........so I guess I am out of my mind.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I don't know of any business travelers hanging on to this allegiance. Even my boss, a longtime US devotee, has abandoned this ship. Denial is not a river in Egypt.
The vast majority of my >120K miles this year were for business. I've stuck with US even when they were not the cheapest or most convenient option. Up to this point my corporate travel department has gone along with my little obsession. I do, however, expect a much more difficult fight come Wednesday when I try to book a mid January trip to PHX on US. I know I'm not the only one booking travel on US, but I am the only one at my company still hanging on...
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
The Feds are looking into the disruption now:

The federal government said yesterday that it would investigate air travel disruptions over the holiday weekend that left thousands of people stranded at airports or without their luggage when they reached their destinations.

The transportation secretary, Norman Y. Mineta, said his agency would examine disruptions at US Airways and a unit of Delta Air Lines in an effort to prevent them from happening again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/28/business/28air.html
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile

The only hope was to drag labor into any lawsuit - US is bankrupt - the only hope was to dig into the deep pockets of the labor unions. But that does not look possible either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.