Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any PHL lawers in here? I have question.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold
Smile Any PHL lawyers in here? I have question.

Can the flight attendants union and grounds crew union be held liable? Can they be sued by flyers?

I know people are usually scared of taking on unions, but a lawsuit in Philadelphia courts could bring in a lot of money for flyers.

Just a thought and a hope for those flyers.

Last edited by olde hornet; Dec 27, 2004 at 9:09 am Reason: fix spelling error
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:20 am

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by olde hornet
Can the flight attendants union and grounds crew union be held liable? Can they be sued by flyers?

I know people are usually scared of taking on unions, but a lawsuit in Philadelphia courts could bring in a lot of money for flyers.

Just a thought and a hope for those flyers.
I don't know that suing a union in PHL is a good idea (though CLT is likely to be a more sympathetic jurisdiction). That said, I recall AA pilots all got the "flu" aboutthe same time, and the union was found liable to the airline itself for lost revenue (or something similar). As pax, all you get is what's covered by the contract of carriage, which uses "best effort" as it's legal language.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I don't think you would have any standing to sue the unions. Your contract was with US Airways, not its labor unions. I would imagine only US Airways itself could sue the unions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.