Search

Star Alliance "Link" Down?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2004, 11:47 am
TMK
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Hyatt + Hilton Diamond
Star Alliance "Link" Down?

FYI and FWIW only -- tried to make an award reservation today on a Lufthansa flight and I was told by the very nice US CP representative that the US Airways Star Alliance "link" had been down all day, that they could see inventory, but were unable to book it. She did not know when they would be able to book, but to try back tonight.

I hope this is just a technical glitch and not a bigger sign.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:52 pm

I ran ito that today also......just a glitch I think.

I'm need it to come up since I found a better flight to change to. As a bonus, it was going to let me check out the new LH FC terminal in FRA.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 5:53 pm

Follow-up from US IT - General Response

I had opportunity to speak with one of the RoachFEST attendees from US regarding some web issues and we got onto a bit of a rambling conversation over integration of Star Alliance web sites. All I'll say is he didn't paint a rosey picture.

Me not being an IT wizard, seems to this layman we should happy the way they talk if the software ever works.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 8:26 am
TMK
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Hyatt + Hilton Diamond
Just an update -- still down as of 10:30am EST

No idea of when it will be back up.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 7:47 pm

Programs: United Gold
still down, 945 est on 12/7

btw while we're on the subject, trying to book a ticket SFO-BUD (Budapest). The agents are telling us that all *A award travel needs to be on a single carrier (in this case LH). Has that always been the case?
Old Dec 8, 2004, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by hscottm
btw while we're on the subject, trying to book a ticket SFO-BUD (Budapest). The agents are telling us that all *A award travel needs to be on a single carrier (in this case LH). Has that always been the case?
Unless the rules have changed, that's wrong as far as I know. I have a *A award using UA, TG, SQ, and NH.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 9:07 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
I also do this sort of stuff for a living, and regardless of the age of the legacy systems involved, it's simply not rocket science (it's barely even computer science).

Any EDI, IBM (MQ), or Tibco guru, combined with an infrastructure guy who knows what he/she is about could solve this in very short order (might need to toss in a data architect for good measure). Surely the folks from EDS should be able to handle it.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 11:52 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by hscottm
Bullsh*t -- call back and get another agent.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Call back later and get a different agent.

First, the link did go down before, coincidently right after US Airways declared bankruptcy the 2nd time. It took a couple of days to come back up.

More importantly, you CAN book tickets that mix * carriers.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 4:00 pm

This morning when the link was down they tried to confirm a change with LH the old way. The message came back "not available." I called this afternon and the link was up and they were able to make the same change.

I know the seat did not become available since I was checking ITN. I figured out overthe past several months that for LH FC on the airbus (8 FC seats) they allot 2 to awards. When it is F8 or F7 you can get it. My flight went from F6 to F7 yesterday and yes it was available.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 5:32 pm

Now UA's link to LH is down. It has been down for several days.

At least we are up.

Last edited by mileshound; Dec 9, 2004 at 6:10 pm
Old Dec 20, 2004, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I just tried to make a reservation this morning and was told there was a link problem with both LH and RG.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Hmmmm

Star Alliance link is down again. Wasn't the last rash of these problems around BK#2?

Coincidence, given this weekend's endless press???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.